Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako 75 - trigger adjustment

Sako 75 - trigger adjustment

I have treat myself to a Sako 75 deluxe, very nice rifle but the trigger is just a little lheavy
    for my liking, can anyone tell me how do I adjust it ?

thanks

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    It's described in the manual - see http://www.sako.fi/pdf/manuals/Sako75KC_LH.pdf

Look at page 21 for instructions on trigger adjustment and Figure 10 on page 4.

Or take it to your friendly gunsmith.....

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

You can google it and find the owners manual. I have the manual, but it's on paper,,I know the e-version is out there though.

anyway, as far as I recall you just take the magazine out and insert the appropriate tool through the bottom into the relevant adjustment screw on the trigger mechanism, siiimples...mind you, I have the 75, and find the trigger weight great, but to each of their own.

good choice in rifle though, best you can get, and not some hideous blaser thingy

Edit - WG just beat me to it - LOL! I REALLY should get back to work!...

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    good choice in rifle though, best you can get, and not some hideous blaser thingy
    Maybe now's not the time to say that I got rid of my Sako 75 and replaced it with.....a Blaser

w_g

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Maybe now's not the time to say that I got rid of my Sako 75 and replaced it with.....a Blaser

w_g
    WG, I don't even know what to say, that kind of thing induces the symptoms in me that Bignoel was describing when he was stung by a wasp! LOL. to each of their own, I just don't like the look, but then again, a lot of people don't like the look of me either!

willie
    i thought about replacing my 75 with a blaser but couldnt bring myself to part with my 75 !!

Quote Originally Posted by smudge262 View Post
    willie
    i thought about replacing my 75 with a blaser but couldnt bring myself to part with my 75 !!
    Mine was forced on me I'm afraid. The Sako's barrel was shot out and having tried a Blaser I didn't want to go back to the 75, rebarrelled or not. The 75 is a fine rifle nonetheless and I thoroughly enjoyed owning one.

wilie_gunn

I looked for ages for another 75, I wanted a .308 in stainless, they are like hen's teeth to find. I too am not a fan of the white metal blaser. So I am just in the process of buying a .308 Mauser M03, there being a shortage of 20" barrels in the UK.

I handled a lot of rifles while making the choice, with a couple of false starts along the way. But I went to look at a Sauer and ended up with a Mauser. They are so well made! Heavy, but well made.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Simon,

Sorry my friend but somehow I cannot agree on the Mauser 03, after all it's not even a Mauser. Some holding Co brought the name and moved production to some unheard of place not at Obendorf. I think there is even a tie up with Blaser? but cannot be sure. I looked at them when they first came out the price put me off stupidly high prices, still have the brochure leaflets and price list some where, but then the importer was a shark and pretty useless. Funny they were the agents for Blaser too. I had a Mauser M96 Slide Bolt at the time although produced or assembled at Obendorf it too was not a real Mauser.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Simon,

Sorry my friend but somehow I cannot agree on the Mauser 03, after all it's not even a Mauser. Some holding Co brought the name and moved production to some unheard of place not at Obendorf. I think there is even a tie up with Blaser? but cannot be sure. I looked at them when they first came out the price put me off stupidly high prices, still have the brochure leaflets and price list some where, but then the importer was a shark and pretty useless. Funny they were the agents for Blaser too. I had a Mauser M96 Slide Bolt at the time although produced or assembled at Obendorf it too was not a real Mauser.
    Yes the same brothers own Blaser, Sauer & Mauser. But as has been recorded elsewhere, when the modern Mauser factory designers tried an aluminium action, they threw it away as they thought it was too weak.

Having talked to somone who has been to the factory, the same one makes all three company's barrels. If you read the reviews from Gunmart or WMS they give you an idea of how reliable the modern Mausers are. The simplicity of the engineering in the bolt is almost incredible, and the changing of the bolt face facility is superb. It will not do for you Brit, with your passion for walnut and blue, but I was impressed enough to want to part with my money for it.

It is a good job we are not all the same, variety being the spice of life. I just wish I could have found a Sako 75 stainless in .308. I love my Finnlight 75 and will not willingly part with it just yet.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.