Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying and bringing in Ammo from the US.

Buying and bringing in Ammo from the US.

Hiya, I was in California in May/June, and went to the Del Mar Gun Fair....the price of ammo was amazing...now...I'm allowed to hold 200 rounds of .243..

I'm going back to CA in April next year., and want to buy 200 rounds...anyone any ideas, of the ins and outs of bringing my allowance of .243 rounds home with me...or anywhere I can get the info??

i.e. Who puts the ammo on my licence??

I'd like to know the legalities, the pitfalls ( If any) and the bonuses of doing this...Is it actually worth me doing it ?..will I be liable for import duty etc??

Thanks in advance guys..

I bought back 300 rounds of 270 and 243 BT at crazy prices in 2007, was told to declare at customs by my FLO dept for any tax required and get them to put onto the FAC. They said no tax required and didnot put them onto my certificate. Will do the same again next year as my mate brought some more 270 back last year. Bought mine at Wallmart off a shelf like buying groceries. deerwarden

You can also post back bullets for reloading to yourself or other people (I'll be your friend ) You can use standard 4lb allowance USPS Priority airmail boxes and you just put the part number on the declaration and gift. Make sure the value of contents is put under the customs allowance for the UK. The laws in the UK mean you can't post expanding ammo from within the UK but stuff from outside is exempt from this legislation and has no restriction if already in the postage system. You are perfectly entitled to receive stuff in the post providing you're licenced to hold it.

I only say this because it's a big win price wise.

So let me get this right in my head. I can go Cabelas website order my ticket limit pay and receive it to my house and I just let customs know?

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    You can also post back bullets for reloading to yourself or other people (I'll be your friend ) You can use standard 4lb allowance USPS Priority airmail boxes and you just put the part number on the declaration and gift. Make sure the value of contents is put under the customs allowance for the UK. The laws in the UK mean you can't post expanding ammo from within the UK but stuff from outside is exempt from this legislation and has no restriction if already in the postage system. You are perfectly entitled to receive stuff in the post providing you're licenced to hold it.

ive done it several times and in 2 yrs only 1 package has been stopped by customs

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I've just been looking at Cabelas site,prices aint too bad, but think there is a minimum order... but think it might be even cheaper to get my Cuz in California to buy them, he's a shooter too.... and just post them across...there are gun fairs on all the time, and the reloads are VERY cheap and very good too..

Would that be a viable way to do it??

BUT, whats the Tax limit, and how d'you let customs know the ammo is on it's way??

Paul, He'd send them to you too if you wanted...
    Last edited by Norrie1956; 03-09-2011 at 15:27.

I think the reference to bullets being posted are 'Bullets' not cartridges.
    I mention this because the last post refers to 'Reloads being very cheap' the word reloads intimates to me that you are referring to made up cartridges or rounds.

I get all my bullets posted from States. Under 4lb in wieght. I may be wrong but if the value is under 40 no tax to pay.You do not have to notify the customs.
    In the last 2 years i have only had one box checked by customs.last time i looked 100 65grn V max in 243 was about 14. Nosler Partitions 30 cal are half UK prices.
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post

Are you 100% certain it is legal to post myself expanding bullet heads from the US? i.e. I can go into Bass Pro, pick up a load of Nosler Ballistic Tips, and mail them to my UK address legally?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I think the reference to bullets being posted are 'Bullets' not cartridges.
    I mention this because the last post refers to 'Reloads being very cheap' the word reloads intimates to me that you are referring to made up cartridges or rounds.
    Hiya, Yep, Complete bullets is what i'm after...not heads,carts etc etc..but made up bullets....and I did mean reloads, they are wayyyy cheaper than I could even make them for....I'm now thinking of getting them sent over, their are professional reloaders that do them, their prices are fantastic...,