Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dont you just love

dont you just love

dont you just love starting a saturday morning with a ruck !

i went out this morning to check my rifle zero this morning on one of my local permissions , and after phoning the owner last night for clearance , i proceeded with harrygrey off here to get on with the job in hand .

after harry produced a cracking group with his 243 (at last !) the wanna be game keeper of the chase THE pheasant shoot , turned up ranting and raving and he right stuck the f$Łks into me about his pheasants all 15 of them in the pen and saying i shouldnt be up there shooting my rifle !

considering the first word he said to me was the F word , i thought thats it the gloves are off , and i didnt mince my p's and q's and gave the jumped up fat tosser 2 barrels of my best queens english and he didnt rate the fact i have written permission for every acre to shoot fox , deer and vermin and that really grates on him because im beyond his control because i answer to the land owner and only him !

i also told him the next time i see any foxes up there ill leave them be (shot 2 while stalking last week !) , considering neither the land owner of myself knew there birds in the pen (serious lack of communication), if i had had known i would have steered clear .

any way i called the owner to explain what had happened , he was fine so as far as im concearned as long as he's happy im happy !

im just now waiting for the next phone call to come and clear up the foxes !

this was completely avoidable if he had come over politly and voiced his concearn , then there would have been no problem .

this has put me in a ***** mood for the rest of the day now !

rant over

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

you dont sound like youre in a ***** mood you sound like you've had a big old rant and feel great!!

HA HA , thats wasn't long just had the shoot captain on the phone , asking me not to stop shooting the foxes . (non of the shoot syndicate have rifles !)

i think ill let him stew a bit

Discretion assured

I wouldn't go anywhere near a pheasant pen with a rifle unless it was to intentionally nail a predator and i bet you know that is a no-no too?
    Pheasant shoots pay good money for ground rent and birds and feeding and the last thing they need is a zeroing session close by.
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 03-09-2011 at 09:05.

Well if the so called keeper had bothered to inform others of there where abouts perhaps it would not have happened.

considering neither the land owner of myself knew there birds in the pen (serious lack of communication), if i had had known i would have steered clear .
    So who's fault is it?

The wanna be keeper that's who . Perhaps the pheasant shoot need to get a decent keeper involved and give wann be one his marching orders.

Gamekeepers around here often need reminding that 'pheasant management' is not essential, whereas 'deer management' is!!! Income from game shooting is never going to match potential losses from deer damage.
    MS

I'd expect to be paid now per fox if the 'keeper' is being a knob, why put yourself out! Even if you want to bash the charlies they don't need to know that it's not a hassle

Personally I would hate to share a bit of ground with any other person. I don't know if this person whose responsibility it is to keep pheasants for a syndicate is a "wannabe keeper" or perhaps even a "fat tosser" but what I do know is that if I was that person and some other person even if he had permission to do so continually fired a centre fire rifle anywhere near my pheasant pens or drives I would not be best pleased no matter who he was. Especially if that person would/should be aware of where my pens are located and did not give me and my work a bit of consideration.

Surely it would have been a common courtesy to have zeroed your rifles in some other location. Try keeping pheasants before you rant, rave and name call.

keepers are grumpy this time of year ask my wife and tired ,i cummunicate in grunts this time of year lol no need to swear at you agreed but nobody not even my boss goes near my pens this time of year infact nobody goes on the farm on foot unless i know about it,out with rifle all hours h/s and all that ,at the moment i have one or two lads going for a sit they let me know when they arrive and leave ! WE TALK to each other not swear, sure we can all do that !!!!
    regards norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    keepers are grumpy this time of year ask my wife and tired ,i cummunicate in grunts this time of year lol no need to swear at you agreed but nobody not even my boss goes near my pens this time of year infact nobody goes on the farm on foot unless i know about it,out with rifle all hours h/s and all that ,at the moment i have one or two lads going for a sit they let me know when they arrive and leave ! WE TALK to each other not swear, sure we can all do that !!!!
    regards norma
    EXACTLY ! TALKING IS THE KEY

if i had known , i wouldnt have gone there simple as that !

ive done more than my fair share of keepering , so i know all about it !

if the line of comunication was open this ruck this morning wouldnt have happened . simples

Discretion assured