Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scales

scales

hey all have thinking about a new scales and need some advice. what do u guys use beam scales or electronic. Think i'd like to go with the electronic but would like your views on dis and what would u guys class as the best. i have a lyman 1000 xp witch is pron to drifting cheers Handy
    Last edited by handy; 04-09-2011 at 18:55.

rcbs 10 -10 beam scales
    or gem pro 250 digital i have both and they are both great i also use target master trickler
    i always use the beam scale with the trickler then confirm with the gempro ,over kill yes but you did ask whats the best ,this is my veiw on the best, i use this combo on my target loads and hunting loads

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I was reccomended to try the MyWeigh scales (http://www.myweigh.com/precision.html) and bought the 101 model. They have proven to be excellent and I would thoroughly reccomend them. I have tried beam scales and smaller electronic scales (e.g. Hornady) before but it is the MyWeigh now sit on the reloading bench.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

beam scales every time mine are so old they are hornady but I think just after they took PACIFIC as they were still using the old mould.they can never go wrong electronics do.

Beam scales for sure. We bought some RCBS electronic scales and there could be as many as 5 individual grains of powder difference before the weight actually changed ! Stick with the beam scales where you can see the differance even one individual grain makes.

Tom

handy

I use these electronic scales and have just had them serviced (for free) : http://www.djblabcare.co.uk/djb/prod..._VICON_VIC_123

but you will see that they have been discontinued and there is a link to the replacement scales. These scales display to 0.02 grains and you can see the effect of adding a grain of powder. I find the electronic scales very effective for weighing powder and brass. I wouldn't be without these or a similar scales.

Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    handy

I use these electronic scales and have just had them serviced (for free) : http://www.djblabcare.co.uk/djb/prod..._VICON_VIC_123

but you will see that they have been discontinued and there is a link to the replacement scales. These scales display to 0.02 grains and you can see the effect of adding a grain of powder. I find the electronic scales very effective for weighing powder and brass. I wouldn't be without these or a similar scales.

Regards JCS

They certainly sound much better than the RCBS jobbies we have sat under the bench!

I wouldn't want to be without my RCBS Charge Master 1500.

Another vote for the RCBS charge master love mine