scales

handy

hey all have thinking about a new scales and need some advice. what do u guys use beam scales or electronic. Think i'd like to go with the electronic but would like your views on dis and what would u guys class as the best. i have a lyman 1000 xp witch is pron to drifting cheers Handy

Last edited:
rcbs 10 -10 beam scales
or gem pro 250 digital i have both and they are both great i also use target master trickler
i always use the beam scale with the trickler then confirm with the gempro ,over kill yes but you did ask whats the best ,this is my veiw on the best, i use this combo on my target loads and hunting loads

I was reccomended to try the MyWeigh scales (http://www.myweigh.com/precision.html) and bought the 101 model. They have proven to be excellent and I would thoroughly reccomend them. I have tried beam scales and smaller electronic scales (e.g. Hornady) before but it is the MyWeigh now sit on the reloading bench.

willie_gunn

beam scales every time mine are so old they are hornady but I think just after they took PACIFIC as they were still using the old mould.they can never go wrong electronics do.:old:

Beam scales for sure. We bought some RCBS electronic scales and there could be as many as 5 individual grains of powder difference before the weight actually changed ! Stick with the beam scales where you can see the differance even one individual grain makes.

Tom

handy

I use these electronic scales and have just had them serviced (for free) : http://www.djblabcare.co.uk/djb/product/2013/Laboratory_balances-ACCULAB_VICON_VIC_123

but you will see that they have been discontinued and there is a link to the replacement scales. These scales display to 0.02 grains and you can see the effect of adding a grain of powder. I find the electronic scales very effective for weighing powder and brass. I wouldn't be without these or a similar scales.

Regards JCS

handy

I use these electronic scales and have just had them serviced (for free) : http://www.djblabcare.co.uk/djb/product/2013/Laboratory_balances-ACCULAB_VICON_VIC_123

but you will see that they have been discontinued and there is a link to the replacement scales. These scales display to 0.02 grains and you can see the effect of adding a grain of powder. I find the electronic scales very effective for weighing powder and brass. I wouldn't be without these or a similar scales.

Regards JCS

They certainly sound much better than the RCBS jobbies we have sat under the bench!

My RCBS Dial-o-Grain Model 304 .
Bought 35 years ago when I was pistol-shooting, dial in 2.6gr of pistol powder etc, no problems.
Possibly one of the best scales ever made.
Currently set for 40.5gr of Viht. N140 .
HWH.

BUGGYCROWS039.jpg

My RCBS Dial-o-Grain Model 304 .
Bought 35 years ago when I was pistol-shooting, dial in 2.6gr of pistol powder etc, no problems.
Possibly one of the best scales ever made.
Currently set for 40.5gr of Viht. N140 .
HWH.

BUGGYCROWS039.jpg

thats a awsome set of scales , no doubt as rare as rocking horse shite now !

As to the use of RCBS electronic scales, if using Rangemaster,... give the unit a chance to indicate pan stable, this can be upset by even breathing over the unit... when over weight by one kernel, I remove with tweezers, the screen display then gives another "ACCURATE" reading, I have so much confidence in the accuracy of these units ,I have purchased another , from a SD site member through classifieds.

Been useing a Lyman dps 1200 for years, but it started to go on the blink so i have gone back to a beam scale,RCBS 5.0.5 and a target master trickler, this is a fantastic set up, very accurate and fast....

Back