Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not all rifles have to be black plastic

Not all rifles have to be black plastic

Just a pic of my Sauer 202 with PES moderator. I think she's a good looking rifle and the wood is no problem in the Scottish rain. You can take the stock and fore-end off and make sure its dry without altering the zero. Takes about 5 mins. At present I have a 308 barrel on her but once the the pheasant season is over I use a 7x64 brenneke barrel with additional iron sights for the open fell.

Mark

Quite right there Mark, some can be Green plastic.

Howa Stainless steel barreled action in 270, Du-coated, Bell@Carlson stock, Trimney trigger, A-Tec moderator.

Best regards

Thar.

I never knew you could have antlers mounted to the scope. Does that help camophlage the rifle?

Hi Thar,
    Didn't know you could get Tupperware in green. Joke !!!!. Looks good to me believe they are very accurate.

Morena

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH
    I never knew you could have antlers mounted to the scope. Does that help camophlage the rifle?
    No it helps camouflage the rifle.

The antlers are when you are calling them in during the rut. You keep calling until the stag comes running into lock antlers with your set on the end of your rifle, waving them about a bit helps keep his attention fix on them, once he gets to with in 5 yards you let him have it. Using this technique you can save a lot of dragging of stags as you can stand on the back of your 4X4 pick up and only shot when he has jumped on to the back of the truck.

Best regards,

Thar

how do you like that A-tech mod of yours?
    and what S&B scope is that? precision hunter? 2-16 x 50?

sorry, my name is michael kane and i am a nosey neighbour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2428 miles
    how do you like that A-tech mod of yours?
    and what S&B scope is that? precision hunter? 2-16 x 50?
    Hi mate I am well pleased with the A-Tec, much lighter than my T8 and my mates PES Scout, and it makes the PES 12 seem sooooooooooooo heavy. I can still carry my rifle with bi-pod and moddy fitted muzzle up without it keep swinging round. It tames the recoil on the 270 (like most moddies) it is like shooting a 22cf.

The Scope is a S@B 3-12X50 precision hunter with mil-dot reticle.

Best rgds

Thar

I'm sort of interested in a synthetic stock for my next rifle but I am put off by the very shiny barrels and action that seem to be standard on them. I notice that the green stocked rifle has a nicely camouflaged barrel and action - is that standard or a custom job?

Apart from the weight are there any other advantages over the t-8 .

Quote Originally Posted by paul k
    I'm sort of interested in a synthetic stock for my next rifle but I am put off by the very shiny barrels and action that seem to be standard on them. I notice that the green stocked rifle has a nicely camouflaged barrel and action - is that standard or a custom job?
    Hi Paul

It is a custom finish, Dura coat done by "Jager sporting Arms" it is a very tough Polymer finish, you can have pretty much any colour pattern you want so long as your pockets are deep enough. One colour jobs are 95+vat.

The US military have had there 50 cal sniper rifles that are now being issued for Iraq coated in a desert camo Dura-Coat.

Mullbiker

The A-Tec is advantages are that it is lighter and is strippable so you can clean it after use. It will cost you about 75 extra for that.

For a stalking rifle I think the weight saving is worth it, you carry a stalking rifle a lot and shoot it little, if it was a gun that you did not carry much (varminting or truck gun) you might think it that you would be better with a T8 if things are real tight money wise.

Best rgds

Thar