Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOD shooting

MOD shooting

Having in the past sold my soul and most of my life to the MOD by serving in HM Forces I am not allowed to shoot the MOD estate..................... Ok fair enough....but I am told,............ if true. that some ex officers with no prior connections , TV Survival experts and shooting shop owners with 'mates' in the know, can aledgedly shoot the MOD estate...is this true. Seems a double standard if true?
    Last edited by chickenman; 05-09-2011 at 04:33.

What stable belt you got?......................
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The only one worth having...RAF lol

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    The only one worth having...RAF lol
    Another name for:

Having in the past sold my soul and most of my life to the MOD by serving in HM Forces I am not allowed to shoot the MOD estate..................... Ok fair enough....but I am told,............ if true. that some ex officers with noi prior connections , TV Survival experts and shooting/reloading shop owners with 'mates' in the know, can aledgedly shoot the MOD estate...is this true??
    I think as long as they have 1 to 1 supervision by people who are qualified they can shoot on MOD ranges mate. They love a bit of good PR after all, makes them look good letting journos have a play!

Oh I love the Crab Fat stuff...but where does it comne from....?? now I reckon you woukld be Pongo's or skates...now I can tell you where thoses names come from..ha ha

Oh I love the Crab Fat stuff...but where does it comne from....?? now I reckon you woukld be Pongo's or skates...now I can tell you where thoses names come from..ha ha
    Legend has it that the original uniform issued to the infant RAF was exactly the same colour as the cream issued to the lads in the trenches to treat crabs and lice!

My lot were always called Squidgies or Di's guys!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    You can only shoot on MOD land IF you are are a member of the Defence Deer Management and have filled a certain criteria. There are of course a few exemptions throughout the UK with some very small pockets of land but there are in the >10 number.

Some areas will allow vermin control for a small fee, you would need to contact the Estate office for guidance on that.

Hope that helps a little.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

RAF ... rough as fxxk