Own up. Who was it?

This is taking 4x4 extreme driving to the limit.
Although it does show what this vehicle is capable of!
Mind you it's up there and stuck - user error or hardware problem?

Sorry guys it was me! I was trying to demonstrate that it was fit for my next FC lease :rofl:

For sale 1 burgundy 4x4- buyer to collect??

doesnt look stuck.

and anyway "small minded"!? surely someone who is sitting in his livingroom and decides "bugger it, i going to drive up Snowdon for a laugh" is far from small minded!!

:lol: really had to laugh as it's a Frontera Sport and there are those who claim they are not very capable off roaders.. only a 2.0L too unless it's the 2.5L diesel.

I have seen it on a Frontera forum but he who owned it then had it for sale it seems. Just heard that the Police have charged the now owner and he will be in court soon.

I can't see the problem. Surely if a 4 x 4 wants to do a bit of off roading and there appears to be a track up there, why not.
All this talk of 'small minded' and 'stuck' it looks perfectly at home to me and, unless the driver has broken any by laws, then why not indeed.
It would be interesting to know what the Police have charged the driver with,
1. 'Spirit of adventure'
2. 'Cheating the usual method of ascending said mountain'
3. 'Abandoning a perfectly good off road vehicle in a public place' or
4. 'Doing something hundreds of others have thought of but too scared to do'

Looks like he's driven it up the railway line and then abandoned it when the trains started running.

I've owned a Landrover in the past and I like off roading. However, enthusiasm does seem to get the better of some people. I remember one incident that occoured in the town where I lived a few years back. One of the local off road enthusiasts noticed that the pedestrian bridge between one side of the park and the other was just wide enough to fit a 4x4 and thought it would be a laugh to drive across. The bridge was subsequently shut for six months and had to be repaired at a cost of £150,000.

On man's big adventure can quickly turn into a massive waste of everyone else's Council tax.

Hang on, won't they have to charge Clarkson with the same offences then now? He drove a Landy up Ben Nevis a while back, and filmed the evidence to boot.
Maybe the rules are different in Scotlandshire.

Amoung my amazing list of attributes are: I'm a biker too.
The programme where he said he hated bikers are all they are good for are donor organ parts and that all roads should have piano wire streched ocross them to get rid of bikers had me reaching for the OFF button.

That's not stuck, it's left pending the agro of some arse now making up their mind how to then tell some other 'authorised' arses how to remove the vehicle without obviously driving it because that's bad for the boys in red tape land. Probably connected with health and safety, climate change or giant pandas in some way. For gods sake if that's what the human race is capable of, extinction isn't far away.

On the BBC website the quote from the General Manager of the Snowdon Mountain Railway is as follows:

"we haven't yet had a conference with the park to see what we can do"

We haven't yet had a conference....you really couldn't make it up if you tried.

willie_gunn

Back