.243 mod time

I've heard very good things about the DM80 and have one ordered. A mate of mine has one and is very pleased with it. He is on here so my be along with a first hand report.

I like the ASE Jet-Z . upto .25 cal, its well built easy to clean, it seems to knock a fair amount of noise out of it and on the end of my browning a-bolt the rifle still feels well balanced.

i have a T8 on my .243 & .308 i can wait for them to perish and rust away so i can put on a "spartan" mod from third eye tactical , these are a real work of art and well very very made , they are lighter shorter ,cheaper and i feel better than the good old T8 . I got one for my .204 and cant wait to change the other mods .

i put the spartan mod on my .308 and there was no more muzzel heavy rifle like before it was very well balanced very simular to the rifle with out a mod , i cant tell you how it compared as noise comparison on the .308 as i didnt want to shoot a 30 cal through a .223 size mod, but its very good at reducing the noise on the .204

+1 For the Third Eye Spartan. I have the over barrel style one on my 30-06AI and it works perfectly.Faultless quality of Engineering and UK manufactured too.

Yorkie.

Sorry to 'hijack' the thread, but I am interested on a moderator too. My issue is that I would like it to be interchangeable between a .308 and a .243. Is there something you would recommend for both calibres? I currently own a Browning A-bolt in .308 and thinking of buying the same on .243. Thanks!

i have a T8 on my .243 & .308 i can wait for them to perish and rust away so i can put on a "spartan" mod from third eye tactical , these are a real work of art and well very very made , they are lighter shorter ,cheaper and i feel better than the good old T8 . I got one for my .204 and cant wait to change the other mods .

i put the spartan mod on my .308 and there was no more muzzel heavy rifle like before it was very well balanced very simular to the rifle with out a mod , i cant tell you how it compared as noise comparison on the .308 as i didnt want to shoot a 30 cal through a .223 size mod, but its very good at reducing the noise on the .204

Sorry, I just saw this. Maybe the one for me too?

what is the dB difference between different mods, is there any figures on the tinterweb. all very well saying this is better, or that is crap(excluding those which seem to rust/rot very fast) its what they do to noise that is important.

keep using the ear plugs too bigred, that 243 near deafened me.

Last edited:
Sorry to 'hijack' the thread, but I am interested on a moderator too. My issue is that I would like it to be interchangeable between a .308 and a .243. Is there something you would recommend for both calibres? I currently own a Browning A-bolt in .308 and thinking of buying the same on .243. Thanks!

ase compact but the 30 cal one

I recommend not putting one on!

any contrary views, please share via email or braille, as my hearing is not too good these days..

Back