Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 SCOPE COVERS?

Zeissman

Hi all,

I need some help with my duralyt: I need some flip up covers that are as hardy as possible for stalking. I've had Butler Creeks - one broke on my first outing and the second doesn't stay on. I wondered if anyone had any ideas on different options or the right size for both ends of the scope (I think that I must have been given one in the wrong packaging as I measured it quite a few times to be sure :-|).

Any help gratefully received!

ZM

That's a coincidence, I was just about to post a very similar thread myself but this one popped up.
I too have recently bought the above scope and need to know what size objective cap (butler creek) to get for it.
I ordered a number 34 (supposed to fit 53.3mm) and it's way too tight. The Objective as far as i can tell is about 55mm ext diameter.
The next size up is number 39, which according to the sizing chart should be too big!
Does anyone have one of these scopes and can they confirm the correct sizes to use on them?

Why not glue a thin strip of rubber inside the bigger size cap to make it fit?
Use a neoprene type glue & roughen the surfaces on both items first with a razor blade or craft knife

OR

Treat yourself to a nice traditional leather set :norty: ;)

I have BK's on mine, but unfortunately the size isn't marked on them and the boxes have long since been binned. 34 does ring a bell, but I may be wrong.

If it's helpful, the objective is marked inside the cover with '39 40 43' and '10 BLIZ', and the eyepiece is marked '17 19 20 21' and '5-6 BLIZ'. They were a very snug fit, but the cover bodies are a bit flexible so will go on, or at least mine did. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hello
I had same problem butler creek dont fit got bushwacker size 6 fits OK fits object lens not found anything yet for eye piece yet
best regards
Glynne

Last edited:
Iv given up with Butler Creek covers, utter rubish and have broke two pairs . . . . . I have now zip tied the original covers to the body of the scope and just use those. They work perfectly fine and don't snap every other day.

Back