Thread: Rubber Gloves Problem Solved

Rubber Gloves Problem Solved

I don't know if it is just me - but I have a real problem with rubber / latex / nitrile gloves that I use when gralloching.

10 minutes to sort the deer out then 15 minutes to return sweaty / itchy / blotchy hands to normal. T'is a bloody pain.

Anyway, found "Wet Grip Work Gloves" as photo attached in BuyandQueue which are 100% cotton lined and are perfect and at 3.48 per pair are relatively cheap. The colour even matches the swingblade!

Someone somewhere said if you find something that works well, then buy two 'cos sure enough it will soon be out of production. I bought three pairs
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

SD Regular
    Top tip! Do they fit well, so it's just as easy to work?
    I assume they're washable....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Top tip! Do they fit well, so it's just as easy to work?
    I assume they're washable....
    Great fit with a good "feel" through them so very easy to work with. Also, the wrist is elasticated so the gloves stay put and don't move around like other looser fit gloves sometimes do.

Only used once so far and they scrubbed up well just using cold water.

I'm really pleased with them - I was really getting annoyed!

PS I see you're from Essex & I'm in Bedfordshire? How long before we get a "southern softie" comment from them ooop norf?
    Last edited by Eyefor; 06-09-2011 at 11:26.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I was thinking it...

why not buy powderd gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I was thinking it...

why not buy powderd gloves?
    I tried the powdered gloves & didn't notice any difference. It's these office worker hands.......;-)

Latex is a common allergy but have you tried vinyl gloves?

Think i'd rather go commando than try and wash them, not very hygenenic unless they'll take a soaking in a bucket of bleach,have you tried nitrile without powder it could be the powder that's the problem.

I have tried nitrile with & without powder, vynil & several others (even some silly expensive ones from the US) - all without any noticeable difference in effect and these B&Q ones are the only ones that I have found be ok.

Point re hygene noted but I give them a good scrubbing in very hot water plus I then use a disinfectant hand scrub with the gloves on so are as clean as my hands would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnraider View Post
    Think i'd rather go commando than try and wash them, not very hygenenic unless they'll take a soaking in a bucket of bleach,have you tried nitrile without powder it could be the powder that's the problem.
    It's a good job we all know the context of this statement. In fact, I think I might use it as my signature.....