Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Bristol

Hello from Bristol

Hi All,

First post here, first post anywhere, I was introduced to this site by a work colleague, anyway I live in Bristol and have been shooting full bore since I was 14, been into stalking just over a year, did the DSC1 thing and have been lucky to get permission on 105 acres. The land is bordered by a 200 acre wood so lots of deer about, most seen was 13 in the field at once! Land is flat so high seat only, have only taken two deer so far 1 Munty and 1 Roe Buck, freezer empty again so need to get out soon. I do a lot of range work as I shoot target rifle as well, Rem 700 in .243 for stalking. I believe I have been very lucky with the land, itís just boring on your own so always try to arrange stalking with a mate, safety as well.

Claim to fame, broke my leg at a clay shoot, was so far from a road they had to get me to the ambulance on a back board on the forks of a tractor (I am a big lad) but the reason was not my size it was too dangerous for them to try and carry me (very muddy) I was given two options, tractor ride to the ambulance or wait for a helicopter, I took the tractor option. Strange thing is no one got any photos, must be down to still having the gun with me.

This site looks very informative and with luck I may find some fellow stalkers close to home.

Regards, Nigel (now the wrong side of 40)

Welcome aboard Nigel
    Jonathon

Yo Nigel
    zimmer frame accepted, welcome aboard ! to quote others , look forward to further posts .
    Regards Trapper

Hello Nigel,good to see someone local on the site mate,I live the other side of Bath from you,but,my sister lives in Bedminster.Hope to read of your exploits on your land soon..........cheers.....Martin.

p.s. I too shoot a Remmy 700 in .243

Hello Nigel,good to see someone local on the site mate,I live the other side of Bath from you,but,my sister lives in Bedminster.Hope to read of your exploits on your land soon..........cheers.....Martin.

p.s. I too shoot a Remmy 700 in .243

Thanks

thanks all for the welcome, hope to get out and shoot soon, just had a range date that was due stopped at Yoxter as the MOD cant supply a range warden on that day........lucky we are not at war. Off to Bisley in a few weeks doing the 1000yrd stuff, may get to go stalking before if lucky.

nthor welcome also reMington you are both within 40 minutes from me just the other side of frome .

Hi there Roedinator.............Martin.

hi martin c ing we live so close we will have to meet up some time
    regards pete .

We could start a SW contingent I'm just outside Bath 8)