Thread: rifle sling

rifle sling

looking to buy rifle sling any advice on what to buy will be climbing up and down highseat
    quite a bit
    cheers dean

Slings are an individual thing,I have a handmade sling that cost a lot of money,but I use a leather tipped canvas sling on my rifles as they sit better in the shoulder.

M

http://www.casstrom.co.uk/

Z-Aim rifle sling, great bit of kit, simple! to use.

dont realie on a rifle sling when going up to or from a high seat unload the rifle and use a light rope to get your rifle up and down.safety is all important plus you have moust likley 2000plus worth of rifle and scope if you drop it while twisting to sit in the seat

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    dont realie on a rifle sling when going up to or from a high seat unload the rifle and use a light rope to get your rifle up and down.safety is all important plus you have moust likley 2000plus worth of rifle and scope if you drop it while twisting to sit in the seat
    I do this - but with the rifle still in the rifle slip.

Tie the rope to the loop at the end of the slip and free swing the rifle up / down. You can then sit on the slip for comfort - or (as I have done with all my high seat positions) screw a hook into the bark if the tree and hang the rifle slip / bino case / telescopic sight bikini cover / ammo pouch etc off that hook?

Otherwise, eventually, you will drop them!

Back to the OP's original point - I use (& would recommend) the Niggeloh neoprene slings. Very comfortable and no slipping.
    Last edited by Eyefor; 12-09-2011 at 11:00.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).