12g FAC

purdeydog

Hi

I recently applied for a variation on my FAC and one of the things I wanted was a 12g semi auto 8 shot. FEO in TVP is a great guy, gave me all I asked for. However on the FAC it's says the 12g shotgun may be used for wildfowl etc etc but it makes no mention of weather it's a pump action or semi auto or the number of cartridges it's allowed to take in the magazine just refers to it as a 12g shotgun.

Is this a normal entry or should it be more specific? Just thought I'd see before checking with FEO.

Thanks John

12g Shotgun

Hi Purdeydog, the entry should specify that the shotgun is a Section 1 Firearm,there is no requirement to specify the action so you could acquire either a P/A or a Semi Auto,and obviously anything over 2+1 in the chamber is Section 1 not Section 2, hope that helps,:) ATB Anton

If it is on your FC and states 12g shotgun, then it must refer to a section 1 firearm, so go ahead fill your boots with whichever takes you fancy.

Hi Purdeydog, the entry should specify that the shotgun is a Section 1 Firearm,there is no requirement to specify the action so you could acquire either a P/A or a Semi Auto,and obviously anything over 2+1 in the chamber is Section 1 not Section 2, hope that helps,:) ATB Anton

In addition to the above I believe that it is illegal to use any shotgun with a capacity greater than 3 shots for wildfowling (wildlife and coutryside act)?????

purdeydog did mention conditioning of his certificate for wildfowl, don't recall mention of shrews and dolphin in the original posting trouble. How can they give permission for something that is illegal?

If you ever plan to use it at a clay ground (practice etc) you need to have entered as a condition on your FAC, I have my FAC 12g listed for, flocking birds, clay shooting, practical shooting, depends on your local force I had clay shooting added as a condition to cover all

Sorry I miss wrote my post, ment to say shooting birds not wildfowl. All the conditions are correct, it has clays on it too. I just thought it would of been more specific over the type of shotgun. The wildlife and country side act 1981 makes it an offence to shoot wildfowl with a semi or automatic weapon with a mag over 2 rounds. I'm not a wildfowler so not really sure what the issue is there, sporting chance I suppose.

purdeydog did mention conditioning of his certificate for wildfowl, don't recall mention of shrews and dolphin in the original posting trouble. How can they give permission for something that is illegal?

point being , i think we all know the law

Back