Picture taken this afternoon

Lakey

Hi All,

Here is a picture I took this afternoon about three miles from my house. Originally there was about 10 sika hinds and calves out in the field, but by the time I parked the truck and got the camera out, only a couple of hinds were still stood in the field. This is a picture of the last few, just before they ran into the wood.

P1170027.jpg

Good photo. Of the many photos of sika that I have seen I can probably count on one had the number of deer that are not looking directly at the photographer.

They are great to stalk! Looking forward to my trip next month!

DC

Cheers for the reply DC, and good luck on your trip next month.

Just for you here is a photo I took last year of a nice stag NOT looking at the photographer:D

P1110971.jpg

Cheers for the reply DC, and good luck on your trip next month.

Just for you here is a photo I took last year of a nice stag NOT looking at the photographer:D

P1110971.jpg

Cracking stag there. But... he does have his eye on you! They always do.;)

Where is that photo taken?

DC

Cracking stag there. But... he does have his eye on you! They always do.;)

Where is that photo taken?

DC

Hi DC,

The picture of the stag was taken at Arne last year (I think) around December or January. It was certainly post rut. Arne is the best place for close up photography, as the Arne deer are more used to people and so dont run for the hills everytime you get close. They are now shot so maybe that situation may change in the future. Hope Not.

All the best

Lakey

Back