Thread: Butchers who sell game products any info

Butchers who sell game products any info

hi folks

quick query im in montrose . in angus ...i have a colleague who was enquiring as to ....

do you know of any butchers in angus or south aberdeenshire / stonehaven or whereever that sells game products ..ie venison sausages / burgers or the like any any game..

and any one who sells the meat form highland cows as he has had it befroe and would love to get some stocked in his freezer.....mail order even?

i said i would ask as i didnt know of any as i usually make all my own burgers sausages etc. but i certainly dont know of any that sells highland cow products./ cuts

any info / contacts appreciated

sauer /paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    hi folks

quick query im in montrose . in angus ...i have a colleague who was enquiring as to ....

do you know of any butchers in angus or south aberdeenshire / stonehaven or whereever that sells game products ..ie venison sausages / burgers or the like any any game..

and any one who sells the meat form highland cows as he has had it befroe and would love to get some stocked in his freezer.....mail order even?

i said i would ask as i didnt know of any as i usually make all my own burgers sausages etc. but i certainly dont know of any that sells highland cow products./ cuts

any info / contacts appreciated

sauer /paul
    Paul, dont know of anyone in your imediate area.

For Highland cattle beef. Jo Stover, Alford Aberdeenshire. 01975562525

Cp&Ce Bruce Bogside farm shop, King Edward , Banff 01261 821 244

Bill & Steph Cassells, Balnafettach Farm, Granton on Spey, 01479870341
    Not sure about the first two but the Cassells attend farmers markets in the cairngorm area, but probably don't come as far east as you, they will also do mail order.

There may well be others closer to you, farmers markets are a good place to start as its sometimes on sale there

Saw this thread and reminded me of what a local beef farmer told me last month. Heres a cracker that the supermarkets use to con us and bet will make a few rather miffed. The farmer was telling me that a big con that the supermarkets use is to have farmers rear cows in England, they are then driven North to Scotland, over the border for a night into housing, uploaded again a day or two later and hey presto its now Scottish beef!..as it spent a night there. What a total con.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Saw this thread and reminded me of what a local beef farmer told me last month. Heres a cracker that the supermarkets use to con us and bet will make a few rather miffed. The farmer was telling me that a big con that the supermarkets use is to have farmers rear cows in England, they are then driven North to Scotland, over the border for a night into housing, uploaded again a day or two later and hey presto its now Scottish beef!..as it spent a night there. What a total con.

Yes I believe this happens all over Europe, but this is completely different Highland cattle are a distinct breed very good meat but very slow growing so of not much interest to commercial growers, more of a niche market.

hi
    you could try http://www.donaldrussell.com/ he may be expensive but he is in Aberdeenshire
    Cheers
    David

Quote Originally Posted by dspensley View Post
    hi
    you could try http://www.donaldrussell.com/ he may be expensive but he is in Aberdeenshire
    Cheers
    David
    Your link didn`t work mate, try this one.
    http://www.donaldrussell.com
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

cheerfs for all info & links guys...ive passed em on!!! might use em myself..i hear highland cow meat is a taste to die for

sauer / paul