Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first ever Red

My first ever Red

The Reds have been passing through my patch for a few years now. I have recently been given permission to stalk on another farm right next to my existing permission. I shot this 12 pointer on my new land around 200yds past where my old boundary was.
    He was happily munching away on the sugar beet. Live weight 205kgs.
    A dream fullfilled! I will worry about where the shoulder mount is going to go when it comes back from the taxidermist

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Stag 060911 018.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	538.9 KB 
ID:	9102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Stag 060911 019.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	542.6 KB 
ID:	9103

Great result looks a tidy beast,are there many red in norfolk?If it was up to me i would put the mount above your bed,happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by logburner View Post
    Great result looks a tidy beast,are there many red in norfolk?If it was up to me i would put the mount above your bed,happy days.
    I think the lounge wall is pushing the boundaries with my Mrs. Above the bed is way outside the box!
    There are a lot of Reds in Thetford Forest. My area (Breckland) is seeing a gradual increase in population.

Very nice beast, congrats!
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

a cracking beast especialy for your first well done you

webby

Well done. A great first red.

Nice one & glad to see you've got a winch - Norfolk reds know how to put on the lbs and this is some weight!!
    Wouldn't have got this on my quad on a wet & windy evening on my own - but then again I don't have any Norfolk red stalking!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopTommy View Post
    Nice one & glad to see you've got a winch - Norfolk reds know how to put on the lbs and this is some weight!!
    Wouldn't have got this on my quad on a wet & windy evening on my own - but then again I don't have any Norfolk red stalking!!
    It was around 100yds into the sugar beet. Me and my mate ended up tying a few ropes together so we could reach it from the stubble field nearby. I towed it out with the landrover and he steered the stag by the antlers. What a game!

awesome animal matey! May it be the first of many reds!

Well done great first stag