Camouflage for rifles and scopes etc

PJMcamo

I have recently discovered a new paint for a perfect spray finish to rifles scopes etc.

I am looking to see what people think of the finish before I put onto trade side ( and yes to all you out there I HAVE indeed paid the trade fee )

Just need a few more posts and to be a member for more than the 30 days.

Hope you all like it and please be honest if you hate it then well will go cry in a corner NOT...

Thanks all

IMG_0361.jpg air.jpg

More comments Pls

Last edited:
hi pal
IMHO. its a nice job well finished, but not my thing "too rambo"
all the best with the venture though
jimmy

Cheers Jimmy

You should see the inside of my shed. Took a lot of testing paints ETC. Plus the wife wont let me spray the dog and the car..

Nice detail. A bit too good maybe, you could put your rifle down and never find it again!

LOL - I know mate, you took a fair beating on your earlier posts, but good to see you back as a trade member.

In any case - it looks like a good job, and as long as it's durable paint, there will surely be a market for your services.

personally I am not a camo-type of person, I like more traditional wood/blueing, but you might consider a selection of colours rather than just camo. Some will prefer a stock-only coating, or a 'fake' blueing to a stainless barrell, etc.

anyway, hope you get some business off the back of your hard work.

PKL

Yes indeed. That was the first I sprayed. Did not want to put decent rifle in for my initial experiment. Was very happy with result though.

Looks pretty good in principle but not my sort of thing either BUT a possible product to paint over sound mods instead of using neoprene which retains a lot of heat creating a heat haze for 2nd or 3rd shots. Obviously the paint finish won't reduce any metallic noise on twigs whereas neoprene does. Will it cope with sound mod heat OK?
PS Like your semi!

Yes. I have my semi-auto shotgun done with it and have put a lot of rounds through causing the barrel to heat to no affect.

hi how do you intend to do this have you got an RFD then if not and how do i send send you my rifle how do you intend to look after it will it be insured whilst in your care it will take longer that 72 hours so you cant evoke the loan clause if i send you a shot gun and what is the cost i have a semi i might want doing if the price is right

Can't let the cat out the bag just yet. I can say its not Krylon or any other known out there. I come across it by accident....

I would make some efforts to protect your hard work, if it's as good as you say, more so if you are using someone's already protected product, you never know what difficulties you might face in the future if your business takes off.

finnbear

Thanks for the advice. As you can tell from the pictures each weapon or item of equipment is custom sprayed so not 2 the same. I have a logo that goes on every piece I do so replica's are easy to spot. The finish has made all I have done work for very happy so thats enough for me..

Again thanks for all advice..

Looks good mate, but what properties does the paint have?
Is it merely cosmetic, or does it have protective properties against knocks/scratches etc? Is it resistant to heat, oils, copper solvents, blood, etc...
In other words, has it been field tested on a working stalking rifle?
MS

Monkey Spanker :lol:

It has been on trial with a keeper friend of mine for a short time and he seems well impressed. Of corse it is like any paint if you hit/scratch it hard enough you will cause some damage. as for heat stands well as had the barrel of my semi-auto well hot and no problems.

Thanks for the interest.

Back