Thread: browning t bolt

browning t bolt

anyone got the above in 17hmr? looks good, any info on it would be great, good or bad.

Mo

Have a look on Rimfire Central, both the Browning forum and the HMR forum.
    I looked at one and loved the light weight, thought the spare mag in the stock was handy, but the trigger was horrible.
    Also hated the idea of plastic trigger parts, making fettling impossible.

Neil.

I got one. Accurate as any seem to be. The trigger isn't so nice but i'm used to it now. They are also available with shortened barrels now which is great for out of the vehicle. It is lighter than the CZ, which is why I bought it.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have one in .22lr and it impresses all who have tried it at the range, out in the fields I cannot fault it.

Well, as an update on mine, I got rid. Well I blew it up, tbh. The good old HMR issue. Anyway I decided not to get another one. I got a CZ instead because,
    The trigger is adjustable to a level I like. I like my trigger at 1.9lb.
    It was available left handed.
    I really think that the fact the bolt can come open with the safety on and eject a bullet is a major design flaw and not user error as the Browing rep said when I pointed it out to him. I personally found that unacceptable.

now if someone would like to make me a lh, light, 16 inch barrel, with 10 shot mag and adjustable trigger for 600. Please feel free to contact me.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Funny enough I phoned Wilson and Wilson today to see if they could get hold of a Browning T bolt left hand with varmint barrel. They said they could so hopefully be getting one soon.