yule sack/sika sack/roe sack

gelert

Does anyone know of a supplier of the above type of sack.:confused:
Ideally i like the look of the sika sack and the yule type but the harkilla would be worth a look also.
I understand Poppins on here makes them, can anyone shed somelight on the cost and which would better suit carrying roe and red's.
The Midland is this weekend so i can see the harkilla for myself.
Many Thanks in advance

Where we are its a case of cutting on the spot if all else fails or at least close to the access road then in with the disco.

Bushwear did supply them, the stitching on mine is poor and needed redoing, but it’s a very useful bit of kit.

PM Poppins on the site,i have one of hers and its brilliant, she'll make you one to your own size specs and at a price you wont believe

Tikkat3

PM Poppins on the site,i have one of hers and its brilliant, she'll make you one to your own size specs and at a price you wont believe

+1:D

i came accross a european stall at the CLA opposite BDS and around the corner to bask who mad a lot of loden stalking products
He had a sack which seemed to me very well mad and even put a small amout of material over the buckle to stop it rattling.
they were called something like loden friel or something,but it seemed like a nice bit of kit.
Thanks for all your responses.

i came accross a european stall at the CLA opposite BDS and around the corner to bask who mad a lot of loden stalking products
He had a sack which seemed to me very well mad and even put a small amout of material over the buckle to stop it rattling.
they were called something like loden friel or something,but it seemed like a nice bit of kit.
Thanks for all your responses.

I came across the Loden Friedl stand at the CLA as well, thought they had some very interesting products.

Website is in German but the Google translation is ok.

Google Translate

Cheers

Chris

I tried the yule sack couldn't get on with it, so back to a loden sack (for roe).
Think the harkila is a good design just maybe to big?.

Harkila good size can fit a lare roe buck in easy.

poor quality the first ones strap ripped and hadnt even had a Roe near it

The other lasted until I put a roe buck in and then it too ripped at the straps.Good design good size that folded down to a similar size to your Loden sack robbo but just wouldnt last.

Best roe sack I had was the one we boiught in Scotland, still be using it if it hadnt been for a certain spaniel fancying my lunch and ripping the bag to shreds

Harkila good size can fit a lare roe buck in easy.

poor quality the first ones strap ripped and hadnt even had a Roe near it

The other lasted until I put a roe buck in and then it too ripped at the straps.Good design good size that folded down to a similar size to your Loden sack robbo but just wouldnt last.

Best roe sack I had was the one we boiught in Scotland, still be using it if it hadnt been for a certain spaniel fancying my lunch and ripping the bag to shreds
it was me borrowig that sack some 14 years or so ago that made me buy my own.

Back