Shops in Dorset

User00004

I am off to Bovington, Dorset for 6 months on Monday, who accept for The Sportsmans Gun Centre is a good shop to look for equipment. It would be handy to know a few places to pop into every couple of weeks to see what items I don't currently have, but might think they are a good item to buy :doh:.

Cheers TJ

I am off to Bovington, Dorset for 6 months on Monday, who accept for The Sportsmans Gun Centre is a good shop to look for equipment. It would be handy to know a few places to pop into every couple of weeks to see what items I don't currently have, but might think they are a good item to buy :doh:.

Cheers TJ

Tank museum?

Seriously, you've Steve Beaty at Ivythorn Sporting in Street (also Avalon Guns, but people seem to be a bit Marmite on them) and there's apparently not a bad shop in Poole - trying to remember the name....:rolleyes: None of them particularly close....

The Tank Museum is about 100m away....Monkey world just down the road.

Poole is about 30 mins away, as I have nothing to do on a weekend, so anywhere within a 50 mile radius is do-able....

TJ

TJ give me a bell when you move in and we will get some stalking in on the Sika for you, on me! I have an area just down the road from where you will be :D

Sikamalc

The Tank Museum is about 100m away....Monkey world just down the road.

TJ

....wouldn't it make for a more entertaining day out if they combined these two attractions that are virtually on top of each other and let the monkeys drive the tanks around??:confused::confused:

You've got Purbeck Shooting School about 2 miles up the road, gun shops in Dorechester, Poole, Wimborne, Blandford. A good gunsmith 4 miles away M.A.Rainback.

Also some large privately owned wealthy estates and stunning coatline.

Also the best herd of Jap Sika in the world at your feet.

....wouldn't it make for a more entertaining day out if they combined these two attractions that are virtually on top of each other and let the monkeys drive the tanks around??:confused::confused:

From my 21 years in the job, that seems to be the way it's done...:lol:

Hi Stu

John March Firearms at Wimborne

Modern and Antique Firearms at Christchurch, Gilly ex bootie and one time world class b pistol champion..

Tal scuba and diving Christchurch

Forward Diving Poole, Keith

Sportsman Dorchester

Sportarm Dorchester

Lambert and Wiltshire Ringwood

Send me a pm bud when your here and well meet up for a beer

Atb

Terry

Last edited:
From my 21 years in the job, that seems to be the way it's done...:lol:

Get it right TJ. monkeys wear red caps and drive Land Rovers. It takes panache and style to drive a tank:cool: (especially the little fast ones).
If the museum's only 100yds away, you must be in Stanley Barracks. What's in there these days?

There you go Stu.
Told you so,
Sika stalking, fishing
and you haven't even got there yet
Wait till you see the Stour, if its like I remember, it'll blow you away
Cried this one in Kido.........
Alan

Make sure you get over to tunkton to see Gillie if you need any reloading kit. Spent many an hour with him and his mate Tony listening to the stories and learning the art of loading your own.

Atb Steve

Back