Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Bucks

Where are the Bucks

Been out stalking the last three nights with a mate of mine seen loads of doe's not a buck or prickett in sight going again tomorow fingers crossed.

You talking fallow then? (prickets)
    The roe bucks are just as elusive at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    You talking fallow then? (prickets)
    The roe bucks are just as elusive at the mo.
    Yes Fallow seen loads of does nothing even following on.

I know how you feel been out half a dozen times recently only seen does and fawns not a single buck !!!!!!

SD Regular
    I suspect that either the boots need to stop squeaking, or they learn to squeak quarry in rather than away.....!!
    It's a tough area - they move quite a long way, with little to hold them in one area - I suspect they get disturbed a lot too, which just makes it worse?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I reckon Pierre knows where they are

Started showing again in my neck of the woods. Seen 4 different bucks in less than a week now (roe) but the does are still far more present. Seen a buck i haven't seen in about 2 or 3 months for the first time today and one i hadn't seen since march on friday last week. Hoping to catch up with one, if not both of them in the not to distant future and was going to be out in the morning until the scope to a nock when putting it back in the cabinet whilst not paying enough attention It wasn't a huge nock but enough for me to want to check zero. I'll check tomorrow and be out tomorrow evening and probably thursday morning if nothing shows tomorrow.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I suspect that either the boots need to stop squeaking, or they learn to squeak quarry in rather than away.....!!
    It's a tough area - they move quite a long way, with little to hold them in one area - I suspect they get disturbed a lot too, which just makes it worse?
    No squeaking boots this time mate. We had some good stalks though got nice and close to some Does and fawns. Malcom is going over on his own tomorrow for another go. Will give you a shout soon mate. will have to catch up soon as need to get my cap when you pick it up off mike

george your tackle is good. but it is essential to check, but i bet its ok.
    My sako slid off the bonnet and landed hard (it was unloaded as I had just shot a fox and put the gun up there while we went to pick it).
    It was the last shot of the night anyway.
    Checked it the day after (after cleaning all the soil off the scope and barrel)
    The gun was bang on.
    Sako/optilock and zeiss.

Good luck for tomorrow George