Thread: A-Tec CMM-4 Moderator

A-Tec CMM-4 Moderator

Hiya,

Thinking about buying one of the the above for my HMR..using a SAK right now.....anyone use one, or experienced one...

Thanks in advance guys..

SD Regular
    Love mine, but suspect it's overkill (spend) for a rimmy? Any particular reason for the change?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Love mine, but suspect it's overkill (spend) for a rimmy? Any particular reason for the change?
    Hiya, No reason, just always looking for something better...but dont know if it is....it's the RF/AR model I'm thinking of, not the CF one.....

BUT, if I do get one...might move from my .243's T8 to one for it too....T8 is wayyyy heavy..the A-Tec is 1/2 the weight.........

SD Regular
    Mine's on a 270 - and I rate it. Others have spoken of issues with gas cutting, but if you believe the blurb, you can replace individual sections of you need. And it is so light compared to some of the others.....
    I'll be interested to see the Maxim, which is a reflex version over the barrel I think....

As to one for a R/F - not seen or tried. I too use a SAK and might move to an LEI, but I think the SAK does the job and for the money you really can't complain. Not sure anything else 'x' times more expensive is 'x' times better at noise reduction.....JMHO.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I too use a SAK and might move to an LEI,
    You can try mine if you like, I'm still planning on getting out saturday evening

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Hiya,

Thinking about buying one of the the above for my HMR..using a SAK right now.....anyone use one, or experienced one...

Thanks in advance guys..
    Yes i've got one on my WMR it's quiet,but it gets full of crud after about 30 shots[not affecting sound levels though] and is a pig to clean.that maybe down to the WMR as they seem a dirty cartridge.

bornfree

Hiya, Thats it then...I'm sticking with the SAK...

Thanks guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Hiya, Thats it then...I'm sticking with the SAK...

Thanks guys..
    Don't blame you, mine is now on my 22 Hornet, doing a better job than the steel CMM6 I bought for it

Neil.

the HMR is a funny rifle cartridge you can spend hundreds on a mod for the HMR and unless your ears are some thing else you wont hear a difference, 35 quid SAK is as good if not better on the HMR than a 400 quid mod designed for a C/F, a mate and my self spent about 4 hrs one afternoon playing with all the mods we have between us and the best one we found on the HMR and this was according to the decible meter we had was an old parker hale unit that cost 5 quid and consists of a number of coned alloy baffles and a long spring.

paul

Hi Paul, we tried that with the Rimmy .22 mods,,,and the PH one didnt come out of testing very well, it was far louder than the likes of the SAK...