Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Total Respect

Total Respect

I had the absolute pleasure of stalking with one of the members from the site who booked 2 days at Sika stags with me, over this past Monday and Tuesday.

He traveled up to stalk in what he knew would be very difficult conditions with the wind and rain we were having. To be honest if it had been anything other than Sika I would have probably put him off to another time except for one thing. He is due to go back out to Afghanistan in a few weeks for a 6 month tour. I believe his second trip with tours in Iraq already under his belt.

He has a lot of experience stalking but had never seen Sika. We saw a few including what I told him was a stag of quality that I would be happy shooting 2 or 3 like that in a whole season. Unfortunately we were unable to get a shot at any of them but the comment he passed when seeing his first, 'that's me made up now...' made me realise what a genuine and true stalker he is.

The reason I feel compelled to post this, is he told me of some of the experiences he has had during his time in the above countries, and the mates he has lost while standing a matter of feet from them. Yet he laughed, joked and accepted his return to Afghanistan like I would accept a visit to the dentist! I am not easily moved or shocked because of my own employment but what we see in the media is the tip of the iceberg. My own brother in law spent time with the Pathfinders in Iraq and Afghanistan and I now realise how lucky we are to have him back unharmed.

I have never been so desperate for someone to get a shot at a beast, nor had a more deserving guest out with me.

Kris (gr1ffer), I wish you and your mates well over the next 6 months and look forward to having you back out with me. I never thought that being on this site would open my eyes so much to what war is actually about.

You are a credit to your regiment and your country.

Very well said , these boys and girls are a credit to us, I take my hat off to them.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Great to hear bud, and I fully sympathise its been hellish conditions for sika this last 3 days... We have had 6 blank stalks and I was trying to get guests a stag myself, I was pulling out all the stops and tricks but to no avail, you cannot beat mother nature.

Hats off to all our armed forces in Afghanistan and in other theatres, I hold the in very high regard.

They shouldn't be there... never seen any Taliban in Scotland... bring them home and protect our streets and ports. One soldiers' life ain't worth the whole of the Middle East.

those are kind words thankyou very much brian you are one of those guys who is instantly likeable and easy to get on with i advise anyone to go stalking with you your wealth of knowledge and personality made a fantastic 2 days despite the tail end of hurricane katia trying its best to lower our morale
    when i got home my missus said "you look happy did you get one" i said no and told her about the 2 days i had she looked at me like i was mad "so you sat in a wooden seat cuddled next to another bloke in a hurricane you lot are mad"
    cheers brian i cant wait to get back up on the hinds if anybody wants a good bit of stalking on ground with plenty of sika and have a crack with a top bloke i would drop brian a pm
    kris

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    They shouldn't be there... never seen any Taliban in Scotland... bring them home and protect our streets and ports. One soldiers' life ain't worth the whole of the Middle East.
    The problem Red-Dot is that they're like cancer ............................................ you don't see them.

Of course we could do more to protect our country like kicking them all out and not allowing any more Mosques to be built an tearing down those that are already here but even saying such a thing is seen as a crime here in this nanny state.

Let's face it if Zimbawe had oil Mugabe would not still be there!

In the middle east it would help a lot if the media and do gooders would keep their noses out and let the soldiers etc do their jobs. If it is a war them let them get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    The problem Red-Dot is that they're like cancer ............................................ you don't see them.

Of course we could do more to protect our country like kicking them all out and not allowing any more Mosques to be built an tearing down those that are already here but even saying such a thing is seen as a crime here in this nanny state.

Let's face it if Zimbawe had oil Mugabe would not still be there!

In the middle east it would help a lot if the media and do gooders would keep their noses out and let the soldiers etc do their jobs. If it is a war them let them get on with it.
    +1 open your eyes the hidden cancer is within and spreading

Great post Brian

Respect to them all
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

This is a piss take right? Either that or you have cemented my opinion that you are a very sad and bigotted individual.

Talking about destroying mosques in the UK on the basis of a handful of fundamentalist nutters behaviour would be the same as destroying churches on the basis of the Northern Ireland situation of the past.

This view beggars belief

Not agreeing with anyone as the situation is much more difficult than simply closing down one religion or another but just think how good this world would be without it.Religion that is or at least some of the biggots within it.
    The trouble is people forget that there is good and bad in all society.

gr1ffer.
    So nice to hear you had a great time, You deserve them. Look forward to jamross65 report and hopefully a picture after your next visit.
    KEEP SAFE
    ATB Gaz