Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrageous behaviour

Outrageous behaviour

I had a phonecall from one of my landowners last night whilst I was out lamping to let me know there would be a truck parked on the land but not to worry it was his mate Bob who would be out stalking the deer. Well unfortunately what the landowner does is up to them although up till now no-one else has stalked this piece apart from me. What stunned me was that I have taken Bob out on a few outings for free, shown him everything from shot placement to gralloching and butchery, he has been out and bought all the equipment that I use.

Basically he is a complete novice who told me he's got loads of land on the levels but hasn't got the confidence to go out on his own and now obviously shown himself to be a complete ****** into the bargain. I know he is out after a buck that I turned him down on as it was too much to shoot on a free stalk and the only thing that makes me feel slightly better is that I took out a mate off here's son and he shot it this summer on a freebie because he is a genuine lad. I can't believe that someone who I've helped so much would do something like that but I suppose it goes to show that if you help enough people out someone will turn round and stab you in the back in the end. I've spoken to him about it and he basically said thanks for your help I now feel ready to go out on my own, I haven't spoken to the landowner yet.

The main thing that's going to suffer here unfortunately is the deer.
    Last edited by Benc; 15-09-2011 at 09:23. Reason: name removed

Ben, sorry to hear that. Some people have very short memories when it comes to the generosity others have shown them. Thankfully, they are in the minority; but it's a real kick in the teeth when it happens to you.
    I hope the landowner sees sense.
    ATB,
    Rupert.

Benc May i ask a personal question do you pay for the ground also do you charge to take people out. It might be that this chap has seen what can be made from stalking . But if you have shown him properly then there is one saving grace the deer and all should be safe. I hope it is not your only bit of ground because you might loose it .I had a farmer lad take up stalking and lost the ground for years before the lad got married and decided stalking deer was not what he wanted to do as a hobbie.Deer stalking is full of bad people who take your trust then take your ground .

Its happened to me but wont happen again.My son is the only one I will be taking now as i have a fair amount of land .
    I only found out when the farmer said " Your mate was up the other day " The worsed thing about it was he had someone else with him .

Hi Sikashooter, no I don't pay for that piece of ground and luckily I have plenty more, I do normally charge but haven't done so with this bloke. it has always been on a venison/trophy splitting agreement and as I said the landowner can have who he likes on, it's his land. Stalking comes and goes and I've got no problem with that but what riles me here is that the bloke has gone behind my back after I've taken him out. The bloke isn't in it for the money as he really hasn't got a clue, he still hasn't gralloched him one himself and has no idea about management. I'll put it down to experience and be much more wary who I take out.

Ben, sorry, it is not entirely clear from your first post, was Bob already a pal of the landowner before you met him, or did you introduce Bob to the landowner?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

ben sorry to hear that not nice when someone does that to you especially when youve helped them so much
    thanks for the thumbs up will keep an eye out for this chap .
    look on the bright side you have loyal friends just up the road who have helped you settle in and have shown
    you the ropes on the gamekeeping side of things
    regards pete .

Where is your beef? Sorry if I am misreading your post but seems unfair to call the lad. You say it all in the first sentence, You take the farmer's mate out it is obvious that the lad will ask the farmer for a shot. What you are saying is I will teach you but then end of. If I shoot the farmer's ground FOC and he wants to give his mate a chance to go solo to me that is not unreasonable behaviour. If he gives his mate shooting rights and tells you to take a hike then moan. If you had words with me as the farmer I would tell you to take a long walk of a short pier. If I was the farmer and read this on this site I would give you a call and tell you to keep of my land. You have picked up a freeby and want to dictate. There is another on here where there is an item running directly counter to yours where the stalkers attitude is possessive agrivation to other users. Jim

Brian, he knew his son which is how he's managed to get in. Regardless of who he knows it's not something you do to someone who's helped you out. Pete, you are priceless, I should put a big ad in the blackmoor vale dedicated to you

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Where is your beef? Sorry if I am misreading your post but seems unfair to call the lad. You say it all in the first sentence, You take the farmer's mate out it is obvious that the lad will ask the farmer for a shot. What you are saying is I will teach you but then end of. If I shoot the farmer's ground FOC and he wants to give his mate a chance to go solo to me that is not unreasonable behaviour. If he gives his mate shooting rights and tells you to take a hike then moan. If you had words with me as the farmer I would tell you to take a long walk of a short pier. If I was the farmer and read this on this site I would give you a call and tell you to keep of my land. You have picked up a freeby and want to dictate. There is another on here where there is an item running directly counter to yours where the stalkers attitude is possessive agrivation to other users. Jim
    Egg zackly...