Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC Level 2 Initiative - Brand new from Jelen Deer Services

DSC Level 2 Initiative - Brand new from Jelen Deer Services

DSC Level 2 Initiative

We have now put together a brand new DSCL2 package whereby you can effectively complete your DSC Level 2 culls (up to 4 culls) in two days, including witnessing by an up to two separate AW's.

Please contact me by email on mike@jelendeer.com if you would like me to send you full details of this opportunity or if you would like me to send you our full colour information pack, please let me know a postal address and I can send this to you. You can also visit our website on Jelen Deer- Committed to excellence to gain an insight into what we do as a deer management company.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Mike
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer- Committed to excellence

Is that on wild deer or park deer Mike?
    MS

Hi Mike, it is on wild deer, but park deer on 3000 acres if required to get the culls

Regards

Mike
    (Director-Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer- Committed to excellence

Thanks Mike, sounds like a good service which will no doubt be popular. At least your park is big enough to do a decent stalk.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Thanks Mike, sounds like a good service which will no doubt be popular. At least your park is big enough to do a decent stalk.
    MS
    So is the area near the training facility.
    There are areas of open ground, blocks of Hazel coppice and blocks of mature trees, in fact a mixture of everything.
    The area holds Roe, Fallow and Muntjac, if you can find them as they do not always queue up to be taken unfortunately

Hi Eddy,

Hope you are well.

No the area is more central to the country so it benefits those from the North as well as the South.

Regards,

Mike.

Hello Eddy... this package is in a totally different part of the country theres lots of deer to be culled and the AWs are very experienced.
    Regards Dave

All AWs have to be experienced, some are very experienced, to become AWs in the first place.
    I hope that wasn't a dig at me because your client didn't connect on that last outing

Hi Eddie no I was'nt having a dig Ive always valued your help and your experience and have been totally happy with everything you have done for us. hope this clears the air a little.
    Best regards
    Dave ( Jelen deer services )

Mike/Dave,
    Your paperwork states:
    "We take the ‘certainty of chance’ out of getting your DSC Level 2 culls, and pledge a guarantee of success"
    If I was reading that as someone that had just completed my DSC 1, I would be under the impression that I could come to you for a couple of days, having never even culled a deer, and be guaranteed to secure my DSC level 2 certificate? Getting 3 deer on the deck is one thing. Achieving the Performance Criteria to DSC 2 standards, is, in my opinion a 'quantom leap' from DSC level 1. Are you saying that you can guarantee DSC 2 for all takers, or just that the candidates will get to shoot 3 deer with the possibility that they might get DSC 2 if they are up to the required standard? There is a big difference in my opinion! Your advert should be clear in that the DSC 2 part will only be achieved IF, and only IF the candidate is up to the required standard. If you were to claim anything more, then I believe you would be discrediting your AW's, your company, and the DSC 2 system in general. After all, it is not actually you that is awarding the qualification so how can you 'guarantee success' regarding DSC 2? DMQ will make that decision based on the evidence of the AW's.
    Please don't take this the wrong way as there is a definite gap in the market for the service you are offering, but it is essential that novice stalkers know ecactly where they stand before parting with their hard earned cash! I also believe that there is a definite gap in the market for a pre DSC 2 training course! Maybe that is the piece of the jigsaw you are missing!? Maybe you could combine the two?
    Great idea, but more transparency required I think.
    I wish you well with it.
    Regards,
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 20-09-2011 at 06:24.