Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Training courses.

Stalking Training courses.

Stalking training courses for beginners and intermediate stalkers.
    Pre level one and a good basic introduction to stalking and deer management. On these two day courses held over week ends the beginner and novice stalker can learn good basic knowledge both in theory with power point presentation and practical on the estate.Will also suit as a refresher course for those coming back into the sport after a break. Numbers will be limited. Please see www.stalkinginengland.co.uk and follow the link "courses" or PM for more details.

Regards

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

This sounds like a great idea Mark.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LW_Norfolk View Post
    This sounds like a great idea Mark.

Good luck.
    Thankyou for your support. There is a whole lot of differance between starting and what to expect and level 1 . After some comments I have heard from newbies to the sport I believe that there needs to be something to help overcome the early hurdles.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk

Mark, can you give me some more info,

1.How is this more suitable than say going straight onto a DSC L1?
    2. Will this course help me with a DSC L1?

Cheers

Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by LW_Norfolk View Post
    Mark, can you give me some more info,

1.How is this more suitable than say going straight onto a DSC L1?
    2. Will this course help me with a DSC L1?

Cheers

Leigh
    Hello Leigh

Well in the past few months I have had stalkers come to me who have asked some very basic questions. They have never shot deer or been stalking and have come into the sport ,in the main ,from shotgun sports. Questions like :- do I need night vision equipment?, Do they have seasons?, one who had shot deer at night in a lamp and did not think it was illegal. (This was with a professional guide who had not told him any differant) Not one of these clients was even close to taking a level 1 but did need training before they went out stalking.

You second point "will this help with my level 1" Yes it is going to be very intense there will be loads of info plus range work and simulated stalking plus safety test that will be run in exactly the same way as the level 1 assessment. Together with a CD rom of all the points raised on the course in order for a candidate to study at their leasure. It will give candidates the chance to do the basic test and learn without the concern of the "failing" the level one , without the expence but with all the learning.

Hope this helps

Mark

I can't help but feel courses like this can only be a good thing for novices like myself and anyone thinking of going on to do their level 1.
    Certainly if there were such a course prior to me taking my dsc i probably would have enroled, as someone who is completely new to stalking and only been doing it for a couple of years theres only so much you can take on board from books and dvds, but having someone actually show you the basics will stick for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    I can't help but feel courses like this can only be a good thing for novices like myself and anyone thinking of going on to do their level 1.
    Certainly if there were such a course prior to me taking my dsc i probably would have enroled, as someone who is completely new to stalking and only been doing it for a couple of years theres only so much you can take on board from books and dvds, but having someone actually show you the basics will stick for a long time.
    thanks for that , my thoughts and many others thoughts entirely.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bunwell wood shoot View Post
    Hello Leigh

Well in the past few months I have had stalkers come to me who have asked some very basic questions. They have never shot deer or been stalking and have come into the sport ,in the main ,from shotgun sports. Questions like :- do I need night vision equipment?, Do they have seasons?, one who had shot deer at night in a lamp and did not think it was illegal. (This was with a professional guide who had not told him any differant) Not one of these clients was even close to taking a level 1 but did need training before they went out stalking.

You second point "will this help with my level 1" Yes it is going to be very intense there will be loads of info plus range work and simulated stalking plus safety test that will be run in exactly the same way as the level 1 assessment. Together with a CD rom of all the points raised on the course in order for a candidate to study at their leasure. It will give candidates the chance to do the basic test and learn without the concern of the "failing" the level one , without the expence but with all the learning.

Hope this helps

Mark

Not trying to be negative here but isnt all that taught on a normal DSC1.
    It was many years ago when I did mine with a guy called Alex Jagger at Warminster.

Quote Originally Posted by HW260 View Post
    Not trying to be negative here but isnt all that taught on a normal DSC1.
    It was many years ago when I did mine with a guy called Alex Jagger at Warminster.

No thats a fair comment , but firstly its half the price of some of the level 1 courses being held and secondly its not as deep and will not cut into the working week. This is for those who are not ready for level 1 but still need a good saftey course and back up info.
    Not only that but there is no exam to take with the chance of a fail and the added cost.

After all, safety, level 1 safety and level 2 saftey are all the same as is the three levels of shot placement. That does not however mean that a candidate should go for a level 1 just to do the basic safety. As you are aware level 1 is a lot more indepth than an entry level type course.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by stalkinginengland; 21-09-2011 at 18:20.

Limited space available for the first 2 dates.

Regards

Mark