Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderator for .223 Tikka M595 - ASE Utra ideally

Moderator for .223 Tikka M595 - ASE Utra ideally

New Tikka M595 just bought, screwcut from factory. Looking for a moderator for it, ideally a heavy duty well built one, but most importantly best sound moderation wanted. Used ones considered if in good nick. ASE Utra is my preference but don't know much about mods so open to considering any if they are decent quality.

what thread size is your rifle

Hi, good question. I hoped someone else would know by having one that fits the same rifle! When i collected the rifle the gun shop told me its an "odd thread" because "its a tikka". I had no idea they had diff threads. I thought all rifles had same thread, why would anyone do it differently?!
    Do you know how I can find out, can i take a measurement or count the twists etc?
    thanks

MOD Thread

I have a new SAKO 223 and the thread is metric 14/1 or check on the website!

I have a Reflex T8 for sale which has literally only had 20 rounds through it. I'm looking for 125 but it is M15 x 1

Quote Originally Posted by JHTPPX View Post
    I have a new SAKO 223 and the thread is metric 14/1 or check on the website!
    yes sporter barrels for tikka and sako are m14x1 and varmint barrels are m18x1.

though as the m595 is a older rifle i don't know if they come factory scrwcut in those thread sizes

My old Tikka M595 sporter barrel was half inch UNF, although it might have been cut aftermarket?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks Finn, thats actually a really useful point you made there. I have 2 x .22LRs (Anschutz and Browning Buckmark) and 1 x .17HMR (Ruger M77) all with mods on. Am I right in thinking these will all be 1/2 inch UNF? If so, I can try the mods (carefully) on the .223 Tikka and see if they fit. I wish there was an easy way of measuring the thread to find out what bloody type it is. If anyone knows of such a method, please educate me

Why not get a handful of nuts ( metal ones!) from Halfords / engineers merchants & try them (Gently)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks Finn, I dont even know enough about nuts to know which would be 14, 15, 18, 12 etc!
    I have just tried my .17 HMR SAK mod (from Ruger M77 MkII) and it did go on but didn't feel completely smooth so didn't force it. Back to the drawing board. Wondering if my Tikka usermanual will cover this, diving into the drawer