Thread: Barrel bluing

Barrel bluing

My Baretta barrels bluing is getting rather thin. I have to be very careful cleaning wise to stop pin rust forming on the outside. It needs a reblue. Now reading all the info and watching youtube it seems simple. so does respraying a car????? Does it require the pro touch or is it a simple diy. How much on average does a re-blue cost from a gunsmith? I want it done at the end of the season. Jim

Jim

Give Alex Dalgleish a ring and I am sure he will give you a price for bluing.

Regards JCS

tried it on a small bald patch on my beretta followed the instuctions to the letter end result looked crap gona wait till end of pheasy season now and then get it done profeshionaly cost around 120 ish [so ive been told]

Can you post contact details, my a390 has a grey barrel

By far the best i have used, theres enough for a life time of guns & friends, clean well & apply. I touch mine up regular, especuallly the poor quality Beretta blue !!

http://www.black-it.co.uk/

In my limited experience of barrel blueing, My conclusions were to use a professional re blue provider, my Lincoln over under 20 gauge came back like it was brand new.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    In my limited experience of barrel blueing, My conclusions were to use a professional re blue provider, my Lincoln over under 20 gauge came back like it was brand new.
    It should look like new with the use it gets from you !! hahaha

Last edited by MrYou; 18-09-2011 at 12:28.