Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi auto shotguns advice please

Semi auto shotguns advice please

I'm a bit new to shotguns. Thinking about getting a semi auto and looking for some advice from more experienced users. This will be my first shotgun.

A mate has suggested a Beretta 12 gauge Xtrema 2 Semi-Auto.

Any one got one or similar? What do you think of it?
    Value for money, reliability etc

If any one has got a Beretta 12 gauge Xtrema 2 Semi-Auto for sale, I'd also be interested?

Cheers
    50/50

I've got two old knackered semi's. One is a Winchester, the other some Turkish make that a mate hand painted matt black and gave me because he hated it. I used to own a Beretta semi in the late 70's and it was the dogs dodas.

Never mind what your mate says. The best thing is to handle the gun before you buy. I cant get on with Miroku's and my mate shoots a dream with them and I love Beretta over/unders and he cant shoot for toffee with them. Find the gun that suits you, never mind make, is the best advice i can give from personal experience

Have fun choosing

ATB

Scrun

Can't comment on berreta, but I have got a Bennelli m2, it does have an issue with loading a shell and lets another slip under the bolt.
    I have got to get onto RFD about it, it is a known issue with these.
    Mine is on FAC, it is sometimes handy to have more than two shots, I also find it useful in that you can be reloading and still be ready to shoot if needed.
    As in not standing there with gun broken whilst your quarry flies/runs past.
    Hope this helps a bit.

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    Can't comment on berreta, but I have got a Bennelli m2, it does have an issue with loading a shell and lets another slip under the bolt.
    I have got to get onto RFD about it, it is a known issue with these.
    Mine is on FAC, it is sometimes handy to have more than two shots, I also find it useful in that you can be reloading and still be ready to shoot if needed.
    As in not standing there with gun broken whilst your quarry flies/runs past.
    Hope this helps a bit.

Nick.
    Not sure if this is correct or not but been told if shotgun shoots more than three shots has to be on FAC?
    Is it easy to get +3 shotgun on my FAC? Any problems or justification I should know about in advance?
    My mate has 12 shot Beretta 12 gauge Xtrema 2 Semi-Auto and said he had to be shooting crows for pest control to get it approved.

Hello 50/50,you didnt say what sort of shooting you will be doing and if this will be youre only gun,the reason I ask is that you cant use these driven and formal days,cheers lee

Make sure chamber 3" magnum don't buy 3 1/2" unless you need to shoot 3.5s.
    Some 3.5s have problems with low load 3" carts.

My winchester sx3 100% reliable

Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    Hello 50/50,you didnt say what sort of shooting you will be doing and if this will be youre only gun,the reason I ask is that you cant use these driven and formal days,cheers lee
    Lee, I'm probably going to be doing mainly clay and rough shoots.

Might need to shoot a few pigeons for the pot when TSHF.... after Italy defaults and the Germans exit the euro.

Besides.....I'm not big into the whole English etiquette of driven and formal days..... Bit difficult for a colonial like me!

Well not unless I come back as a Merchant banker of course!!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 50/50 View Post
    Lee, I'm probably going to be doing mainly clay and rough shoots.

Might need to shoot a few pigeons for the pot when TSHF.... after Italy defaults and the Germans exit the euro.

Besides.....I'm not big into the whole English etiquette of driven and formal days..... Bit difficult for a colonial like me!

Well not unless I come back as a Merchant banker of course!!
    Well maybe you should still know; It is an offence to shoot wildfowl or game with a self-loading gun having a magazine capacity of more than two cartridges.

See: http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-p...f-practice.cfm

Get a pump my good man, then it will cycle everything, practically little difference in rate of fire for aimed shots and half the price of an auto!

I've used a Beretta Al391 Urika for years, it's never let me down in any way. Light and easy to use handles pretty well everything you will need. Highly recommended