passed dsc1 today

deermagnet

did my dsc1 assesments with the bds in ilkley yesterday and today passed all 5 exams first time i didnt do the 4 day course just rolled up sat morning did the safety and shooting test took 1 1/2 hours then 4 hours today for the other exams if like me you want to do your dcs1 but cant do the full course book the exams it cost £160 and use the jelen deer services online learning service its very cheap and good just do the tests over and over until you consistantly get a pass and bingo cant fail:lol::lol::lol: i should just say thanks to the bds and vince for being very flexable and helpfull

i did the same, only with the Jelen DVD which was excellent. My assessment was at Donnington Deer with David Stretton - and it was all done in one day and was very professional, but informal. Top marks to all.

Scrun

Shooting test:

3 shots on the zeroing card, all shots must be within the 4" circle

6 shots to be taken at the deer silhouette with:

2 shots prone 100m
2 shots sitting or kneeling of sticks or bipod 70m
2 shots standing off sticks or free hand 40m

you have to make the 6 good shots in the one course of fire or restart. You can have 3 attempts in one day.

all shots need to be within the kill area of the target that is a bit bigger that half the size of an A4 bit of paper but oval

Shooting test:

3 shots on the zeroing card, all shots must be within the 4" circle

6 shots to be taken at the deer silhouette with:

2 shots prone 100m
2 shots sitting or kneeling of sticks or bipod 70m
2 shots standing off sticks or free hand 40m

you have to make the 6 good shots in the one course of fire or restart. You can have 3 attempts in one day.

all shots need to be within the kill area of the target that is a bit bigger that half the size of an A4 bit of paper but oval

If you would like to see an actual test, this was mine:

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

I was quite pleased with the scoring as I hadn't shot the rifle before and it was a righthander and I shoot lefthanded.

Back