Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another cracking evening with Wayne and Andy

Another cracking evening with Wayne and Andy

Just wanted to say thanks to Wayne and Andy for a great evenings stalking down in Hereford.
    On arrival I made it clear to the lads that I did not expect to have much luck as unfortunately I have lost my lucky stalking hat.
    Undettered Andy took me off for a nice Stalk into a a high seat overlooking a woodland edge whilst Wayne set off in a different direction with another lad off this site (i'll let him tell his own story if he wants) we must have been on form as we were able to walk right up to a group of Hares that were quite happily feeding away and at one point I could have touched one of them with my sticks. Fortunately the rain held off and the sun even manged to break through at one point. Naturally we reached the high seat at the exact moment i choked on some spit and nearly popped my eyes out trying to stiffle the coughing fit that ensued (wouldnt have happened if i'd had my lucky hat). Once safely in the high seat Andy ranged various points along the headland in front of me and we had a chat about what sort of range i was comfortable shooting at. Before to long I spotted a lovely pricket on the woodland edge and Andy told me to go ahead if i was comfortable. I was in a really steady postion with my elbow on the back of the tower so i took the shot. Andy said that he thought it had gone a bit far back as he had taken a step forward just as i pulled the trigger. Sure enough the bullet had gone a bit far back and had hit the Liver. He walked in a circle and dropped, lifted his head once then Andy told me to relax as he was not going anywhere. Within Seconds he was dead. I was just thinking about sticking another round in the mag when Andy warned me there was more Deer coming through the Wood. 2 small fawns popped out just in fron of the high seat and made there way to our left. almost imediately there was another Deer on the headland in front of me, then another, then another. none of them would stand and I let them make there way on down the field where Wayne was waiting (soon after a report told us that they had obliged). It can't have been 10 minutes before Andy was point out another nice Pricket stood in front of the seat and this time he signalled a classic heart shot (it was then I realised the first one had signalled a poorly placed shot but I hadn't picked up on it) . Soon after another report came from Waynes direction and a large group of Fallow were soon running across the horizon. Andy texed Wayne and he came up on the Quad to collect the 2 I had shot and we had a quick round of Photos and they Gralloched the beasts.
    It was a really enjoyable evening and if I bored Andy talking about reloading he never let on. As allways it was a pleasure and an education to be out with the lads (and Max of course).

Ezzy

Well done Ezzy, and well done the dynamic duo for producing the goods yet again. They are a pair of good lads who have helped many people out with some stalking Another successful outing

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

well done guys and remember there is a chance to win a trip with the great WAYNE DAVIES

Hi Stu
    A pleasure as always and nice to see you mate, hopefully you will be able to make the Swedish trip.

I've added a couple of photos, one of you, Wint and Max and one of me on the venison express

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Well done Ezzy, and well done the dynamic duo for producing the goods yet again. They are a pair of good lads who have helped many people out with some stalking Another successful outing

Simon
    took the words straight out of my mouth ( keyboard )
    regards pete .

Hi Stu,

As always good to see you and a pleasure to stalk with you.
    It's great when a plan comes together and the deer cooperate .
    Andy bored talking about reloading ?
    Run that one by Wayne and I'm sure he will enlighten you !

Hi Stu great write up mate it was a very good evening,just like to add when we left you Wayne Max & myself stalked a few hundred yards around the wood where Wayne spotted a doe & fawn we watched them melt into the wood,just as they disapeared I saw to the right on the edge of the wood a good size buck & pricket so we started to stalk closer,between us was a pile of cut bushes we got closer to the bush using it as cover we looked around to try & see if they were still there but they must of crept into the wood.As we carried on up to the high seat we heard a noise from behind & about 300 yards away were two cracking bucks,one broke away as they came to a stop & ran in the opposite direction the other just stayed there we watched it for a bit & it was nice to see such a fine buck,I was more than happy to carry on for a pricket so we caried on stalking to the high seat were we climbed in & got comfy.We had been there for a while when Stu had his first & I was wondering if they were going to come over the horizen towards us,a few minutes later they came charging towards us Wayne whistled & they stood still for a moment to my right but they were to bunched up for a clear shot & then they set off again across the front of us to the left where they jumped a fence & stood still,just then another pricket came over the horizen to join the group but on our side of the fence,Wayne said if your happy to take the shot I looked through the scope took the safty off & took the shot,some of the group jumped the fence to join him & they all ran down towards us where the pricket I shot ran into the wood,some of the group turned again & another pricket presented himself side on so I took the shot he went round in a circle & dropped to the floor,we gave it a few minutes & climbed down from the high seat,Wayne Max & my self went over to where the pricket entered the wood & Wayne set Max to work,Max followed a trail straight to the pricket,well done Max.We then met up with Stu & Andy & loaded up the venison express.
    Thanks again Wayne,Andy & especially Max for a great evening.
    Andy

Nice one guys.

Some cracking deer country they have over there

Jonathon

Quote Originally Posted by wint View Post
    Hi Stu great write up mate it was a very good evening,just like to add when we left you Wayne Max & myself stalked a few hundred yards around the wood where Wayne spotted a doe & fawn we watched them melt into the wood,just as they disapeared I saw to the right on the edge of the wood a good size buck & pricket so we started to stalk closer,between us was a pile of cut bushes we got closer to the bush using it as cover we looked around to try & see if they were still there but they must of crept into the wood.As we carried on up to the high seat we heard a noise from behind & about 300 yards away were two cracking bucks,one broke away as they came to a stop & ran in the opposite direction the other just stayed there we watched it for a bit & it was nice to see such a fine buck,I was more than happy to carry on for a pricket so we caried on stalking to the high seat were we climbed in & got comfy.We had been there for a while when Stu had his first & I was wondering if they were going to come over the horizen towards us,a few minutes later they came charging towards us Wayne whistled & they stood still for a moment to my right but they were to bunched up for a clear shot & then they set off again across the front of us to the left where they jumped a fence & stood still,just then another pricket came over the horizen to join the group but on our side of the fence,Wayne said if your happy to take the shot I looked through the scope took the safty off & took the shot,some of the group jumped the fence to join him & they all ran down towards us where the pricket I shot ran into the wood,some of the group turned again & another pricket presented himself side on so I took the shot he went round in a circle & dropped to the floor,we gave it a few minutes & climbed down from the high seat,Wayne Max & my self went over to where the pricket entered the wood & Wayne set Max to work,Max followed a trail straight to the pricket,well done Max.We then met up with Stu & Andy & loaded up the venison express.
    Thanks again Wayne,Andy & especially Max for a great evening.
    Andy
    Hi Andy
    Thanks for the nice write up a pleasure to take you as always.

Wayne

"venison express"? looks like it`s carrying a bit of pork too
    Well done Wayne and Andy a credit to the stalking fraternity