Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nigelloh Backpack sling

Nigelloh Backpack sling

Great bit of kit, but anyone else think serious design flaw in that the only thing securing it to sling swivel is a bit of flimsy velcro? I've put a couple of cable ties around it which has cured the problem, but I was surprised when I first got the sling that it was made like this.

Is this the same as a Ruck sling? If it is mine has a small metal fastner to keep it secure then the velcro goes over the top to tidy it up.
    Al

Mine supports a 13.5lb rig and I have never had a slippage. It might look flimsy but it is in reality extremely strong. My only observation on the sling is that it took me an age to get used to smoothly slipping the rifle off of my back nearing the point of 'delivery.' Now I tend to switch to single-sling mode at the first sight of a stalkable deer, thus avoiding the panicked "Oh bother, I can't feel the release clasp.' moments. Of course, none of this will mean anything to anyone who hasn't used this type of sling...
    KevinF -

Had 2 for about 10 years, as stated mine have metal rings that puls over the velcro, I like mine and would never use anythng else.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Have one myself. Great bit of kit, but find it very uncomfortable when you have a bipod attached to the rifle as it sticks right into your back.

I use the Z-Aim rifle harness and it is fast and easy to slip off but my T8 has nearly killed me twice when i tripped and fell.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I use the Z-Aim rifle harness and it is fast and easy to slip off but my T8 has nearly killed me twice when i tripped and fell.
    DONK!

I bet that hurt.

Actually, I know it does....
    KevinF -

Try the gunslinger system, it's very good.

I've had mine for a few years I cable tyed the left quick release so it can't come off & I've had no proble. great pice off kit

tried one but could not get away with it went back to a normal sling