Thread: With friends like these...

With friends like these...

A well worded reminder of the CA's ability to aim directly for the foot.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/index.php?news=15367
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

They really do seem to have an uncanny ability to denigrate and alienate other fieldsports and country pursuits while trying to protect their own don't they?

I notice that we haven't seen much of them on this forum after the last attempt to garner support from the stalking fraternity and the comments it provoked.

Don't forget though, "We're all in it together"!

You just could`nt make it up could you !!!!!

Anybody reading the link, who has just parted with cash for a CA membership must have their head inb their hands...

Excellent piece, and one we should all bear in mind.

The argument in favour of hunting as an efficient method of fox control is laughable. The hunting fraternity should have stuck to their guns (!) and said, "this is our ancient and honourable sport, sod of back to town and mind your own business."

I see sport stalkers making the same mistake, "deer managers" - bollo#cks.

I stalk because I love it. I do it ethically and as humanely as possible, I am not just out to kill something. It also provides wonderful meat for the table. If we allow the management argument to prevail, we will end up with "professional marksmen" shooting all our deer in the name of trees and bluebells.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Leopards and Spots I think!

Here's a sample of what's been discussed previously about the CAs attitude to other fieldsports on here:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...yside+Alliance

There are some other similar threads if you do a forum search.

Did I miss something? The comments were made by someone who hasn't worked for the CA since 1998.... surely these can only be personal views?

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus View Post
    Did I miss something? The comments were made by someone who hasn't worked for the CA since 1998.... surely these can only be personal views?
    Correct on every count. I know RH-T.

...and I happen to share his views on coarse fishing. Much as they would have us believe it, coarse anglers do not inhabit the sunlit uplands of the moral high ground...IMHO.
    KevinF -

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    ...coarse anglers do not inhabit the sunlit uplands of the moral high ground...IMHO.
    So are we to understand you're with the antis in this regard?
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\