Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which multitool?

Which multitool?

Hello folks,

Which multitool do people reckon is best for us shooting and fishing types then?

Is it just between Gerber and Leatherman? Or do Victorinox get a look in as well (http://www.victorinox.com/category/1...100/1008&m=add&)?

ATB,

Scrummy

Cant speak for the other makes but i personally would get a leatherman wave.

I bought one just over 10 years ago and after some serious use i managed to snap the blade. Took it into the shop and got a brand new model, the lifetime gaurentee is great and the only question they asked was 'how did you manage that then?'

They are expensive (more now than when i bought mine) but as long as you dont loose it you have one literally for life because as soon as it breaks you can get a brand new one.

I've had an original Leatherman Supertool for about 15 years now. I've used it loads and its been brilliant.

There are more modern versions available now, but the Leatherman quality is still there.

I have a Leatherman wave I bought years ago on a visit to the USA. I have always either had it in the glove box of the car, the pannier of the bike or in my pocket. I have not used it a lot but when needed it has been really handy. It now sits in a drawer in my office as being caught with it "without a good reason" will effectively make me a criminal. The law is an ass.

The Victorinox Swisstools are the way to go. Best quality multitool made, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    II have not used it a lot but when needed it has been really handy. It now sits in a drawer in my office as being caught with it "without a good reason" will effectively make me a criminal. The law is an ass.
    I won't bend over to that law I have to admit, if I want to carry one, or a pocket knife for that matter, I will. What happens if you see a deer that's been hit by a car and need to 'stick' it for example, or would you just stand around for ages and watch the poor thing suffer until it eventually died or an hour later a stalker was called in to shoot it?...nah, I'm too much of a rebel to fall for that string of red tape...

I have the Leatherman wave. Not used Swiss Tool so cannot comment, but have used Gerber - which I normally love. Leatherman has delivered the goods time after time - even took apart one side of a bathroom one handed ( long story ) using it - other hand busy plugging the leak

Nothing more detail or technical than I just like the Wave over the Gerber tool. Whitby and Co were ( maybe are ) the importers and always were ( are ) spot on for service and backing up their products.

One day will look at stocking, but early days on that side of things for us.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

SD Regular
    Another Leatherman vote - Charge TTi for me - brilliant piece of kit. I too don't hold with the 'law' bit - it's a multi-tool, so surely I must have multi-reasons for carrying it?!

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Newcombe View Post
    Cant speak for the other makes but i personally would get a leatherman wave.

I bought one just over 10 years ago and after some serious use i managed to snap the blade.
    Did exactly the same - my fault as I couldn't be bothered to go and get a decent chisel out of the van to lift a floorboard! I sent it back direct to Whitby and received a replacement back almost by return of post. Leatherman & Swarovski, probably the best for aftermarket service I've experienced.

Leatherman charge tti or the wave you wont get better !