Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butchers table

Butchers table

Can a poly prop butchers table top go through an industrial planner. Mine was donated to me but is well chopped on, but it is still hyegenic.

It will blunt the planer blades in no time, but It would take it back to smooth.

Get a ******* plane, and elbow grease. Blade can be kept sharp. If you can unbolt it you cold recut and reassemble. Some of the old blocks are not glued. The planer would work but as said you would do the blades no favours and I would take it a lot of materials has to be removed from the sides to regain flush. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Get a ******* plane, and elbow grease. Blade can be kept sharp. If you can unbolt it you cold recut and reassemble. Some of the old blocks are not glued. The planer would work but as said you would do the blades no favours and I would take it a lot of materials has to be removed from the sides to regain flush. Jim
    It is a polypropylene block not a 'end on' Maple block.

Martin

It's definitely a poly prop top about an 1" thick and fits on aluminium base. My brother fabricates corian and was goin to ask him to run it through his planner. Would only tek a few minutes.

Get a 2mm piece of polyprop and fix it to the existing board then when it gets bad again just replace the 2mm piece
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Sorry ones I looked up still had a timber deck. please note a ******* plane is a plane type (genuine) not a swear word. Very long designed to removea lot of timber but maintain a level surface. Wish I could find the ******* that pinched mine. Jim

can you not turn it over and use the flat side?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Sorry ones I looked up still had a timber deck. please note a ******* plane is a plane type (genuine) not a swear word. Very long designed to removea lot of timber but maintain a level surface. Wish I could find the ******* that pinched mine. Jim
    I don't know what you call them in Scotland but in the civilised world a long wood plane is called a jointer Are you getting confused with a b*st*rd file?