Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperial

Imperial

Just wondering how rare an Imperial Red stag is?
    Managed to get one the other day and have been told that it's quite a rare trophy.
    Thanks in advance.

more common on big forest stags.
    I have seen one or two on the hill but definitely rarer sight on the hill

Not uncommon in populations with park deer influence i.e. anywhere except the Lakes and SW England south of the border although there are plenty of stags of this size in Devon and Cornwall. In Scotland I think you'd be more likely to find them in woodland areas like Galloway. In Norfolk and the New Forest a 14 pointer would not be at all unusual but there's Warnham blood in those.

Think I mentioned this before, I was following up Tony W*****, during the Monday afternoon stalk, on the Arran scheme, a good few seasons back, I had elected to let him lead, he had brought with him his brand new, straight out of the box, Sauer ... shot it in that morning, & with his sixth round ... he drops an Imperial just on last light. Did you get any photo's Sako?
    Last edited by finnbear270; 22-09-2011 at 16:04.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

That's a very nice beast Sakotrg congratulations . DF

Nice animal Sakotrg, heres a pic of a Cornish one

Nice one Sakotrg, welcome to the 'Imperial Club' - couple of pics of my one from just down the road in Devon last year:

Attachment 9245
    Attachment 9246
    Last edited by Orion; 22-09-2011 at 16:19.

Sakotrg,

Only ever seen one 14 pointer - shot at Monachyle a few years back, not common on the hill so well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewich View Post
    Sakotrg,

Only ever seen one 14 pointer - shot at Monachyle a few years back, not common on the hill so well done.
    ewich