Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: EKA Swingblade knife in Orange.

  1. #1

    EKA Swingblade knife in Orange.

    SOLD!!!
    I have for sale a EKA swingblade in orange same as this:
    http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=314557&ClassID=206
    This is the Swedish one (NOT Outdoor edge) and has the Sandvik 12C27 steel blade.It is still in the sealed presentation box with sheath and has a 10 year guarantee. I imported a handful from Scandinavia for myself and a couple of friends to save on postage, but sadly got stung for import VAT or else they'd be cheaper!
    It can be yours for 59 posted first class!
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 21-09-2011 at 20:38.

  2. #2
    Should have got our friend to bring some back from the states!

  3. #3
    No good mate, they'd be the outdoor edge ones which don't have such good steel!

  4. #4
    ill take that please.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    No good mate, they'd be the outdoor edge ones which don't have such good steel!
    You sure of that?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    You sure of that?
    Yep!
    Have a look at the bushwear site and you will find both variants with a 20 price difference. Ask yourself why that might be?
    http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.p...18&ClassID=206

    http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.p...57&ClassID=206

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Yep!
    Have a look at the bushwear site and you will find both variants with a 20 price difference. Ask yourself why that might be?
    http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.p...18&ClassID=206

    http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.p...57&ClassID=206
    Ahh ok, evidence based only on price difference, fair enough.

  9. #9
    I wrote a long reply quoting all the relevant chemical and physical data for the two types of steel, then pressed the wrong button and lost it. Can't be bothered to retype it, but basically the EKA is made from Sandvik 12C27, hardened to Rockwell C 58-59. The Outdoor Edge is made from a fairly similar steel, Aichi AUS-8, hardened to Rockwell C 57-58. Both of these steels are well respected knife making steels. Both take, and retain, a good edge. The Japanese steel in the Outdoor Edge might be slightly cheaper, purely because of where it is made, but both are good quality knife steels.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    I wrote a long reply quoting all the relevant chemical and physical data for the two types of steel, then pressed the wrong button and lost it. Can't be bothered to retype it, but basically the EKA is made from Sandvik 12C27, hardened to Rockwell C 58-59. The Outdoor Edge is made from a fairly similar steel, Aichi AUS-8, hardened to Rockwell C 57-58. Both of these steels are well respected knife making steels. Both take, and retain, a good edge. The Japanese steel in the Outdoor Edge might be slightly cheaper, purely because of where it is made, but both are good quality knife steels.

    Every day is a 'school day' on here!
    I've just looked up the Rockwell hardness tables out of interest and it would appear that if it were knife 'Top trumps', the EKA (C 58-59) would beat the Outdoor Edge (C 57-58) for hardness!
    I think there is a better class of orange rubber on the EKA too?
    Either way, mine was cheaper than both advertised, posted!
    I might order some more if enough people are interested in a 'group-buy' arrangement?
    MS

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale EKA Swingblade
    By monte in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-04-2015, 21:14
  2. Wanted EKA Swingblade knife wanted
    By mosa in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-09-2011, 22:37
  3. Wanted Eka swingblade knife wanted / swap
    By mosa in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 17:54
  4. eka swingblade
    By 223 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-06-2011, 12:46
  5. EKA Swingblade
    By david1976 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2011, 15:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •