Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: taking Deer under the lamp

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

taking Deer under the lamp

I had a chat with my FLO and he gave me some pointers where to look etc, but i can't find the small notebook i wrote the info in,it was a few months ago before the house move.

I have the land owners written consent to do this and i have taken photos of the damage that is being done, i also used blue line powder to mark the trees and area so that i could confirm that the damage is being done by the ones we think it is, so all that done i would like to read the fine print to make sure i am doing it correctly and within the law,

if anyone has any information/pointers i would like your help.

kind regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Details on legal requirements and how to go about obtaining a licence here:

http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/p...0published.pdf

From your location I presume you are asking about the requirements for England & Wales, not Scotland?
    Last edited by Orion; 22-09-2011 at 08:57.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Details on legal requirements and how to go about obtaining a licence here:

http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/p...0published.pdf

From your location I presume you are asking about the requirements for England & Wales, not Scotland?

yes i should have mentioned that

thank you

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Don't waste your time they won't grant one.
    Lamping is the last resort after the farmer has tried everything else to stop the deer getting in.
    Last edited by devon deer stalker; 22-09-2011 at 10:43. Reason: spelling

I know two people who have been granted license to do exactly this.

just have all i's dotted and t's crossed and that all other methods have been documented. mention danger of RTA's etc from deer traffic into or out of the area and anything else likely to induce a sphincter tightening amongst the H&S nazis and there should be no problem

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I know two people who have been granted license to do exactly this.

just have all i's dotted and t's crossed and that all other methods have been documented. mention danger of RTA's etc from deer traffic into or out of the area and anything else likely to induce a sphincter tightening amongst the H&S nazis and there should be no problem

cheers bud

all the paperwork is ready but i will add a few more details now after reading this, my FLO has just sent me a e'mail with more info to help me get it sorted out.

regards

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    mention danger of RTA's etc from deer traffic into or out of the area and anything else likely to induce a sphincter tightening amongst the H&S nazis and there should be no problem
    And that is one of the reasons why the farmer i know got turned down, they stated (English Nature/Deer Initiative) that should a deer be shot with a lamp it would panic the other deer and they could jump into traffic.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    And that is one of the reasons why the farmer i know got turned down, they stated (English Nature/Deer Initiative) that should a deer be shot with a lamp it would panic the other deer and they could jump into traffic.
    Cheers
    Richard
    seriously?
    that is nuts

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Cheers
    Richard
    I actually laughed out loud when I read that
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Routine for FC Rangers if needed.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!