Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L200 tyre size

L200 tyre size

Afternoon lads/lasses,

Has anyone got any experience of fitting large tyres to a new L200 Warrior? I had a set of BFG Mud Terrain -KM2 on my old truck. I would like to fit the largest BFG's i can.

Does anyone know what the largest tyres i can fit without rubbing are?

cheers, Dan.

Hi Dan,
    i have fitted a set of 265/70x 17 grabber AT2's over the winter with no problems just the speedo is a little out

steve

Thanks Steve,

in your opinion, do you reckon it could take anything bigger?

Regards, Dan.

Bfg

Hi dan
    Which l200 do you have I am on my second set of BFF A/T the first set did over 40000 I have always used them a great tyre

Account Suspended
    Hi Dan85, I hope you don't mind me asking but.... why do you want to fit BIG tyres to your L200?

I've got an old (55plate) L200 myself, so I'm interested to know what your thinking is. Atb~Tom

Hi mate,

i have a l200 warrior double cab long bed. Had a set of A/T's on the old truck. Thought they were great tyres, but prefer the mud terrains.

cheers, Dan

Hi Tamus,

I have tried numerous different treads and sizes of tyres on the old truck, and found the larger tyres worked better on the stalking ground i have. I dont have access to a quad, so i need the truck to get places that can be quite tricky to get in and out of. I found the 'floatation' on the larger tyres to be better. Gives a little more clearance as well.

Regards, Dan.

I run 235/85 R16 A/T on my 4work, good tyre good ground clearance as you say.

George.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by dan85 View Post
    Hi Tamus,

I have tried numerous different treads and sizes of tyres on the old truck, and found the larger tyres worked better on the stalking ground i have. I dont have access to a quad, so i need the truck to get places that can be quite tricky to get in and out of. I found the 'floatation' on the larger tyres to be better. Gives a little more clearance as well.

Regards, Dan.
    Fair enough, if it works for you. All I did was fit Insa turbo Sahara remoulds in 205/80/16 (at about 60 a pop) and I'd recommend those to anyone needing serious off road capabilty. Atb~Tom

Lads,

decided to lift the body by 2 inches and fit these... 285/70 R 17 Cooper Discoverer STT

will let you know how i get on. cheers, Dan.