Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labrador at stud - Bitch wanted

Labrador at stud - Bitch wanted

Would like to put my Lab Dog to a well built lab bitch, had over 30 Labs over the years and without exception this dog is the best i have had.
    Great on deer, game and around the home.
    Sire is a FTCh also his litter Bro and sister also made FTCH in 2010 so he has the blood!
    I want a pup for the stud plus will buy 2 other pups from the litter at 450, he is that good.
    An old style dog, big bone and plenty of muscle with a big heart, not like a lot of the racey trial dogs on the go in recent past.
    If anyone would like to have a look I can post the papers and photographs
    please PM me.
    regards
    Tim

Tim

What is the lineage in him, his hip scores and eye/elbow results etc...

Thanks

Hi Jamross, away at minute and using blackberry, will PM you when I get back
    Tim

Hi Sorry for the late reply.
    Sire is FTCH Broadlaw Elder of Laggengill, a dog owned by John and Sandra Halstead, dams parents FTW Chatston Monarch & FTW Kenmillone Cerato
    I havent had my dog scored or tested, but know of 3 dogs in his litter and all score well on hips, elbows and eyes clear.
    I dont have an interest in putting him to stud full time so wasnt going to get him tested, the dog is sound, 5 years old, only barked once in his life, amazing on deer and game and wants to please me not himself. If your still interested please give me a call. All the best for xmas.
    Tim

Breeding any dog without having it at least hip scored is not a great idea.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Can you pm me details of any litters with available puppies if/when they are born please,

Cheers
    Oli

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    Breeding any dog without having it at least hip scored is not a great idea.
    Spot on and elbow,eye tests too
    Broadlaw elder is a cracker of a dog,my dogs sire as well,however,hips and elbows aren't just genetic,a lot depends on how the dog was reared,eg if he was off lead as a pup and doing a lot of twisting/turning/jumping off things before being fully grown
    Hip/elbow dysplasia is nasty and no dog that has not been tested should be bred from,let alone eye tests
    I got a phone call this week from a guy with a bitch wanting her bred this week,she was in season,oh I got your name from bla bla bla,first question,Is your bitch hip scored,answer no,oh well I says you won't be breeding with my dog,no tests no breeding
    The KC should make this law
    People should care more about the dogs rather than the money made from them,not a go at OP but education is needed I feel about breeding non tested parents,no good
    Last edited by Wolverine; 16-12-2011 at 20:27.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

If the idea of hip scoring is to prevent hip displacia it does not work.
    I have a bitch and I have had her since 8weeks.
    The sires score 4-5 the dam 2-5 my bitch 4-24 and I know of at least another 8 labs from differant litters by differant dogs that are as bad.
    But I suppose you have to try.
    A friend of mine has a big black lab from a long line of unscored Labs he had his scored and it came out 2-3.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    If the idea of hip scoring is to prevent hip displacia it does not work.
    I have a bitch and I have had her since 8weeks.
    The sires score 4-5 the dam 2-5 my bitch 4-24 and I know of at least another 8 labs from differant litters by differant dogs that are as bad.
    But I suppose you have to try.
    A friend of mine has a big black lab from a long line of unscored Labs he had his scored and it came out 2-3.
    There is no guarantees with anything
    The bringing on of a pup is crucial to the hip/elbow scores,eg not allowing the pup to run about freely and twist/turn/jump,this can damage a pups hips/elbows so even if you've got 2 labs mated with 0 on all scores you can still damage their hips/elbows until they are fully grown
    The scoring gives you an idea of what genetically you can/should have,whilst if you have not got them scored it's all just pissing in the wind and you don't really give 2 hoots about your dogs IMHO

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    there is no guarantees with anything
    the bringing on of a pup is crucial to the hip/elbow scores,eg not allowing the pup to run about freely and twist/turn/jump,this can damage a pups hips/elbows so even if you've got 2 labs mated with 0 on all scores you can still damage their hips/elbows until they are fully grown
    the scoring gives you an idea of what genetically you can/should have,whilst if you have not got them scored it's all just pissing in the wind and you don't really give 2 hoots about your dogs imho
    totaly agree//