Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHER

CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHER

Anyone up for a Christmas bash for all members of the sites that attended the March and Shoot, and any other friendly sites

I have sounded it out with a few friends and other members, there seemed to be a general consensus it was a good idea as there are several sites that entered the March and Shoot we met some great folk that we otherwise would never have met.
    Maybe if we could have an informal evening somewhere in a central location, and put faces to the names we chat with online, after the success of Quex it seems a shame not to expand on the idea.

I have tentatively suggested Birmingham as it is very central, easy to get to via trains, planes or automobiles.
    It has some fab restaurants and some even better Balti houses as Brum is the home of the Balti, there is something about an Indian as it is a sharing type meal so can be a better environment to get everyone at ease.
    Or as a larger more rotund beaver chasing individual has stated there are many country house type places if we wanted to go down the formal route.
    Another suggestion was that we could maybe go to Yorkshire and give that Wadas a few more guests at his clay shooting day Muddy and Dunc won, then go to the local pie and pea shop just for Dunc

Those who know me by now will be quite aware I do not need much of an excuse and am at my happiest filling my face with a nice bottle of red wine at my side so I am open to any and all suggestions
    If you would be interested let me know asap as it isn't that far away now and I will see if I can sort something out.

Re: CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHER

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle69
    all members of the sites that attended the March and Shoot, and any other friendly sites
    Is that written in Stone?

ha ha Snowstorm so we don't need to book a comedian now

Put a date on it, Love to come but need to know when.
    Mark and Lorrayne.

would be great to meet up.

Would be cool but not easy for me to get to Brum. Plus could be an expensive night out, by the time I've added flights, hotel, hirecar, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle69
    ha ha Snowstorm so we don't need to book a comedian now
    I mean is it only for members who went on the March and Shoot?

No mate what I meant was we met lots of folk from different forums and be nice if we could all get together from all the forums not just March and Shoot guys and girls or SD, but a cross forum meet up like the united nations of shooting world all drunk and full of curry what a thought ..lol

Sorry Snowstorm thought you were making a joke with the Stone comment

legal wrote like the united nations of shooting world all drunk and full of curry what a thought ..lol
    what a smell with them ingredients