large boar shown with fallow for size

apollo

I shot a 230lb boar out of this very small feild not ten days ago and now there is a much bigger boy using it so heres a few pics to gauge his size against a full grown fallow doe....

PICT0031-1.jpg

PICT0136-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sure the trailcam didn't have the zoom on with that one? :D

Roll on the full moon eh? Next one is the Hunters Moon on 12th October, let's hope it's good luck for you.

I have to agree its only a sausage filler so wont be taken unless hes doing damage as there was a group of ten there on another night this week, heres a pic of a smaller male and him nearer the camera

PICT0101-1.jpg

PICT0140-1.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pictures!

Was out Friday evening and spotted one very large boar (in a group of 4) which have been turning over a couple of fields. Was using the NV, but a quick swirl of the wind in the valley, they scented us and headed for cover before I had chance to get up on the sticks!!

ATB

Tom

thomas your lucky to be local to them, when we have a call we have to travel then have the same thing happen to us or wait motionless as they work the forestry side of the fence for an hour then dissapear from the edge of the run back into the woods......lol

thomas your lucky to be local to them, when we have a call we have to travel then have the same thing happen to us or wait motionless as they work the forestry side of the fence for an hour then dissapear from the edge of the run back into the woods......lol

It certainly helps being close by at times. I find that the cattle are a good indicator, they will usually bellow and get distressed when the boar are about!!

ATB

Tom

bloody hell thats massive !!
excuse me guys im new . will he be left as a good breeding boar and take out the less quality animals as you would with deer ? i asume the boar are not seen totaly as pest and are managed for sporting opertunity rather than eradication .

He would be left unless he causes trouble on the feilds as hes not really prime meat but if the time comes he wont be wasted and will be made into sasages or burgers as he is with a group of around 8 smaller ones that would fit the bill much better...

A few pics that show the size better, he is stood a few inches closer but must be 4 or 5 inches taller than the fallow doe and first pic is the 230lb one i shot a few weeks ago

PICT2507.jpg

PICT0140-1.jpg

PICT0031-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back