Thread: Euro Zone Crash!!

Euro Zone Crash!!

I am going to Croatia this November and am due to pay the ballance of the trip in the next few weeks which is priced in Euro's .
    Do i pay now or wait for the euro to crash or worse!! if it does crash what will happen ?

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Don't use greek ones, or more importantly, dont bring greek issued ones back home with you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    Don't use greek ones, or more importantly, dont bring greek issued ones back home with you. :-)
    Why would that be?

Because Germany are going to throw their toys out the pram very soon, they will either leave the euro or demand that all the decision making gets centralised.

Greece is totally bust if they leave/get kicked out of the euro then all Greek issued euros become worthless over night. Each euro note is marked with letters of the country of origin. If you have Euros look the serial number and any that start with a Y get it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    I am going to Croatia this November and am due to pay the ballance of the trip in the next few weeks which is priced in Euro's .
    Do i pay now or wait for the euro to crash or worse!! if it does crash what will happen ?

Bob
    can you pay in Cuna?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Because Germany are going to throw their toys out the pram very soon, they will either leave the euro or demand that all the decision making gets centralised.

Greece is totally bust if they leave/get kicked out of the euro then all Greek issued euros become worthless over night. Each euro note is marked with letters of the country of origin. If you have Euros look the serial number and any that start with a Y get it changed.
    ALL my Euros start with a 'Y'...

I can assure you though that Greece will not leave the Euro. this will be not only the end of the currency (as it will snowball to other countries, including France and Germany) but to the US and the UK. If the worse comes to the worse Greece will default on its debt by 50%, stay with Euro. Mark my words

.....you should pay the balance on your credit card and then if anything goes tits up you can claim from off your credit card company.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...itcards-31.htm

....just make sure that your communication is done via email so you can use it as supporting evidence in the event of a claim. I have had to do this twice before, once for for 4.5k and once for 500 for an item I bought over the internet in the USA but they tried to rip me off.
    Last edited by dave1372; 24-09-2011 at 18:50.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest