Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buttlo calls and muntjac

Buttlo calls and muntjac

Hello to all.

Just a quick one.

will a buttalo call work all year round with muntjac or is it really only during the roe mating time.

Im new to all this but trying to learn so if its a silly question then please forgive me.

all the best

Phil.

Hi Phil,
    Not a silly question, in my limited experience the butttlo call will work all year round with muntjac

Cheers Will

buttolo

they work all year round but they seem to soon get wize to it
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

I have seen it done and was amazed at how they responded....though saying that have seen it tried on other occassions and they failed to respond.

thanks for that gents.

I have had the one that almost knocked the rifle over it came in that fast and hard. stopped it at 35 yards away in the end. not looking at shooting to many, just the one of two a year to put in the larder.

i tested the call on a few roe at night when i was shooting foxes, it was only testing, nothing else, it amazed me how well they ran in to us, stopped at 25 yards and walked around us. they must known how safe they are as i will not be shooting at any of this group but it was good to see the reaction.

thanks again for your input gents.

all the best

Phil.

those bellows type squirrel calls work on muntjac

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Hello to all.

Just a quick one.

will a buttalo call work all year round with muntjac or is it really only during the roe mating time.

Im new to all this but trying to learn so if its a silly question then please forgive me.

all the best

Phil.
    From the sound of your posts and your location you will also have roe in the area that you have muntjac.

Beware as I have been told under good authority that using the buttalo will be ok for muntjac all year round, however you will also wise the roe up to what us tricky humans get up to with deer calls.

May be worth trying when you can see a muntjac but cannot get a shot off for some reason, for example as in cover, you may be able to get them to move from cover for you to get a shot off.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    they work all year round but they seem to soon get wize to it
    Only if you miss?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Thanks for that guys. not worried about the roe to tell the truth. there is only a few so i would rather let them build in numbers for a few years. more muntjac so a little thinning out in order. i have a few farmers that keep asking me to rid the muntjac as well, so its muntjac only for a while.

thanks again gents

All the best

Phil.

Sorry to hi jack your post but just wondered if the call would work on fallow, I am new to this to and was just a thought.