Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalking is not shooting deer from a high seat...discuss.

Stalking is not shooting deer from a high seat...discuss.

As the title says.

Regards

Wills

no but i supose you could argue the point that prior to climbing into your high seat you were stalking till you reached it.

paul

In stalking, one must show one's ability to Locate, Stalk into and shoot. (safely + Humanly)

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

To who?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If you have DSC1 you are only a trained Hunter, not stalker.... that comes with level 2

+1 uncle buck, ive never used a high seat to shoot deer and never would however i did to shoot boar ! each to their own i suppose !!

Stalking is a generic term, your stalk is just that, what you make of it, under the terms dictated by nature,over the ground you are on, so all this pomposity around this or that, so what!, you shot it at first or last light, or at 50 yards or three hundred?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Stalking is a generic term, your stalk is just that, what you make of it, under the terms dictated by nature,over the ground you are on, so all this pomposity around this or that, so what!, you shot it at first or last light, or at 50 yards or three hundred?
    I agree with that because first and foremost the management or harvesting the deer is what matters. High seat or stalk to me means the same thing, out in the country side with the opportunity of taking a beast.

Cannot see what it matters really although I really enjoy a good walk.

For those that don't agree with the high seat approach, if you parked the motor and stepped through a gate 10' away, and looked down the hedge at deer would you not shoot them because you could lay down right there without any stalk at all?

quite often I will sit and wait under a bush on the edge of a wood for a muntie to cross ,is that not stalking either
    unless you count stalking into a bush first of all
    or I suppose you could summise that looking over a hedge and seeing a deer walking to you is not stalking either
    but they all count towards your L2
    as Steve says "stalking" is just a generic term

Quote Originally Posted by Wills View Post
    As the title says.

Regards

Wills
    agreed,its just another manner of deer management,and what suits some,doesnt suit others,some continentals wouldnt dream of anything else,hence the reason i hear{ce grand approache} as in their hunts they simply cant achieve a good highland crawlllll.lmao.