Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for GOOD shooting trousers..

Looking for GOOD shooting trousers..

Hi Guys,

I was out foxing today on a driven shoot. ( We had 10 Foxes BTW) anyway...I normally use lightweight trousers with a pair of DPM army over trousers...BUT I'm on my second pair in as many weeks...and I'm getting wet feet!!...the trousers obviously leak, must be the taped joints, cant see any rips or holes... and then the heavy socks I wear with my neoprene wellies are getting wet, and wicking down to my feet.. , they aint condusive to climbing fences either...so can anyone recommend some good trousers for me, I need, quiet, waterproof, breathable, and hopefully tear /thorn proof...as i'm kneeling for some longish periods in peatbogs ...

I asked the rest of the guys...and mainly got the reply...Harkila...

Any suggestions??...up to mibbes 150 ...mibbes a wee bit more.. It's not long till Xmas, and I can start dropping hints..

Thanks in advance..

I bought a pair from country covers. specifically cos I wanted hard wearing for crawling on hard ground and had to be waterproof. But if it is warm I do sweat. great when I'm out at night and will be great in the colder weather.

Worth a look.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I am with singing stalker on this one,
    On my second pair from country covers, this time falkland trousers with reinforcing on front and the seat.
    You can go through any thing, and totally waterproof.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    I bought a pair from country covers. specifically cos I wanted hard wearing for crawling on hard ground and had to be waterproof. But if it is warm I do sweat. great when I'm out at night and will be great in the colder weather.

Worth a look.
    I have had Seeland and they are OK/ish, Deerhunter too (but the studs on the rear pockets come off too easily. So it will be Rivers West Ranger trousers next, they come with a ten year waterproof guarantee. I have not bought any yet, but when funds allow that's what i'm buying. They have vent zips for when you get warm too. 139.00 or there-abouts.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Your mates have got it right try Harkila you wont be disapointed (expencive mind but worth it)
    Graham
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

I use these Swedteam from Bushwear, very hard wearing but not waterproof... good value too..... http://www.bushwear.co.uk/styles.php...51&ClassID=162

pro hunter cant beat them

I agree have had mine for 3 years still waterproof and the toughest material on any of the Harkila range. Only trouble is they are a bit warm if your walking up hills.

Laksen buffalo
    as good as my harkilas and a fraction of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Laksen buffalo
    as good as my harkilas and a fraction of the cost.
    +1, cracking trousers!