Thanks to Jelen for Fallow stalk

Thanks to jelen. My self and a friend got an invite from the good fellows at jelen deer services to go out on a evening stalk last night. We met at jelens new head quarters at four PM for a cup of tea and a quick brief of ground lay out and to tell us the cull requirements. We followed Simon our guide to the ground on which we was to stalk on arriving we got the equipment ready and headed off. We stalked our way to the first high seat were we left Malcolm it looked a very promising site to wait Simon and my self continued on our way around the beat to a point were Simon left me and went his own way. There was signs of fallow activity all over the place I decided to sit up and wait on a mound of moved soil that proved to have a good vantage point. As the evening sun was out I was glassing around watching some roe moving around on the next hill then a heard of fallow appeared to my right on someone else's fields. The light was now slowly going when I saw a dark shape moving through the wood on my left hand side I froze in anticipation of what it was as it emerged from the wood onto the grass meadow I could clearly see it was a nice fallow buck on his own. The buck slowly made its way from the wood side out to a lone oak tree about a hundred thirty yards from were I was glassing him I sat there watching him for about five min's as he hovered up the acorns that had fallen. I removed the safety on the .270 and dropped him on the spot. Simon and Malcolm came over to help recover the carcase and take it back to the chiller. I was glad to see that the carcase crane I made came into use. Once again thanks to Simon and Mal for a good evening out. fallow buck at jelens.jpg

Attachments

• fallow buck at jelens 1.jpg
    fallow buck at jelens 1.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I'd like to second the thanks to Mike and Simon for their hospitality, it was a good evening that ended well.
Good to see you got one mate and a fine looking buck he was too, great condition, just a pity I only had does and fawns in front of me, never mind, always another day.
I've polished all the scratches from the truck and hosed out the back...again.
Glad you had a good sleep on the drive home. :zzz:

I'd like to second the thanks to Mike and Simon for their hospitality, it was a good evening that ended well.
Good to see you got one mate and a fine looking buck he was too, great condition, just a pity I only had does and fawns in front of me, never mind, always another day.
I've polished all the scratches from the truck and hosed out the back...again.
Glad you had a good sleep on the drive home. :zzz:

You don't realise how much hard work it was to shoot your buck Mate it tired me out

Back