dsc 1 this weekend,any advice?

Pro_guitar

i am taking my dsc 1 this weekend, i think im prepared enough , scrolled through the bds training manual and ultimate deer data disc. i dont know what else i could do apart from that for preparation side of things. any ideas from your experiance?

I presume you have all the question banks, so go through them, make sure you know all the answers, think about the safety assessment and mentally play the possible scenarios through in your head ............ and you will be fine ;)

Yes number one enjoy it. Number two learn the open season dates not the closed season ones listed in the manual...all the questions relate to the open season!

i did mine 2 weeks ago and i was expecting the worst.as it turned out it was a very educational time (i passed)all i will say is go out there and enjoy.nobody on the course wants anyone to fail.let us all know how you get on.

yes i have, got them from basc and the assesment centre has given me 3 booklets with all the questions in them, most of the safety stuff will be common sense im sure. yes hopefully i should be mate, once again cheers!

Yes number one enjoy it. Number two learn the open season dates not the closed season ones listed in the manual...all the questions relate to the open season!

will do, i tripped up on the virtual assesment as the question listed closed season and not open season but i have it ironed out now :) cheers!

i did mine 2 weeks ago and i was expecting the worst.as it turned out it was a very educational time (i passed)all i will say is go out there and enjoy.nobody on the course wants anyone to fail.let us all know how you get on.

yeah im kind of in your boat, but ive heard its all sound so fingers crossed it will go all well! cheers!

Hi

When you're doing your safety assessment make sure you look all around the "target" not just directly at it. Also learn the different distinguishing features of the deer. Most in mine were obvious, but i got caught out on one. Just saw the first ID feature and went with that rather than checking off all the different features.

All the best and let us know how you go on

Scrun

on the safety walk, relax and don't shout the answers out as you think of them. Start at the beginning and work through what you know. A lot of people jump in and get a bit stuck when they panic.

Hi

When you're doing your safety assessment make sure you look all around the "target" not just directly at it. Also learn the different distinguishing features of the deer. Most in mine were obvious, but i got caught out on one. Just saw the first ID feature and went with that rather than checking off all the different features.

All the best and let us know how you go on

Scrun

ok will do, right, yeah some are difficult at different point in seasons! a got caught out on a couple on the BDS virtual assesment but im getting all the points ironed out now. thanks scrun.

on the safety walk, relax and don't shout the answers out as you think of them. Start at the beginning and work through what you know. A lot of people jump in and get a bit stuck when they panic.

ok will do, take everything with an open mind likewise. i should hopefully have eaten enough facts and information to be bursting out my head, well fingers crossed anyway. cheers paul, greatly appreciated!

Yes, doing it at trochry, cant seem to get the
deer open seasons to stick in my head, better keep trying
this week!

Back