Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Another newbie - from Suffolk

  1. #1

    Another newbie - from Suffolk

    I'd better introduce myself then before i get told off

    I've been on Airgun BBS for several years so probably know a few on here (apologies if i've offended anyone on there that's on here )

    My shooting interests are clays/vermin shooting with shotguns, and rifle shooting.

    I started target shooting (.22RF, .303 and .308) again last year after a 40 year layoff (started in the Air/Army Cadets in the 60's).

    My main shooting interest is vermin and fox shooting, but I also want to start deer shooting, but to do it properly - which will involve having someone accompany me and show me how to do it properly.

    I have my own deer conditioned rifles - .222, .243 and .308.

    Work wise I sit at a desk all day but live in the country and keep sheep for fun.

    We also pick up on local shoots with a couple of cockers.

    I've just lost my named permission as the farm has sold so if anyone local needs help for foxing (i'm happy to lamp or whatever) let me know. Location between Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds.

  2. #2
    Welcome to the site.

    John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by David TS View Post

    Work wise I sit at a desk all day but live in the country and keep sheep for fun.
    Only in Suffolk would that be alright!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Only in Suffolk would that be alright!
    That did cross my mind when I typed it

    And methinks my quote has been doctored with smileys slightly

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by David TS View Post
    That did cross my mind when I typed it

    And methinks my quote has been doctored with smileys slightly
    Welcome to the site! as you have seen there may be a bit of banter!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Welcome to the site! as you have seen there may be a bit of banter!
    No worry, i'm used to that

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Watch out for this guy.

    Argumentative, pedantic, speeka de english really well, reloads, drives a quad and tends to hit what he aims at.

    Should fit in really well

    Welcome to a real shooters forum David. Far fewer r soles per sq yard than other forums we have both frequented and the moderators on this one did not do their man management training at Hitler youth

    Enjoy.
    Last edited by Eyefor; 26-09-2011 at 20:42.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

    "HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).



  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Watch out for this guy.

    Argumentative, pedantic, speeka de english really well, reloads, drives a quad and tends to hit what he aims at.

    Should fit in really well

    Welcome to a real shooters forum David. Far fewer r soles per sq yard than other forums we have both frequented and the moderators on this one did not do their man management training at Hitler youth

    Enjoy.
    How dare you

    I don't reload....

    (but the rest is probably about right)

Similar Threads

  1. newbie in suffolk
    By keith@honda in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 20:04
  2. newbie from suffolk
    By karlos in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 20:01
  3. A few from Suffolk.
    By KeithE in forum Photos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-09-2010, 11:35
  4. Greetings from Suffolk
    By tikkathreebarrels in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 05:46
  5. Newbie from Suffolk
    By Suffolk Shooter in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 21:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •